cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GML in visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

How can I add user-defined functions in VC?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi lior,

you said "You can also define new fields (aka Virtual fields) and define calculations on them based on fields coming from the back end"

how do you declare virtual fields? any example would be welcome.

I would like you to see this documentation

http://help.sap.com/download/netweaver/nw04/visualcomposer/VC_User_EP6SP2.pdf

take a look on page 76 User-defined Functions

It's says that you can declare statement like "IF", "DO", "FOR".....

how can i do that ?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for adding fields - stand on where you want to add the field, go to the fields task pane and click the Add... button.

As for the user guide - This feature was not released in the final version, therefore it's not relevant.

Hope this helps,

Lior

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Lior,

Any idea in which release, could we see these results. Because, it is not mentioned in documentation that we can see in the next release or anything like that.

Just they have mentioned that, VC supports GML statements.

I badly need to code something in VC to see some features up.

Regards,

Manjunatha.T.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use dynamic expressions to express quite a lot in any model.

Generally you cannot code 'into' VC. You can, however, write a custom IView that can interact with an IView created by VC (using signals).

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also include "custom coding" through adding RFCs into your model, which make the necessary transformations or checks.

Mario

0 Kudos

Any body has idea about these user defined functions..

Please let me know if any body knows how to write GML functions in VC.

Please go thru the link below in the conversation to know about GML statements.

I wonder where is the editor to write these GML statements in Visual Composer... But, it is clearly given in the Documentation that we can code in VC... but where is it?

Regards,

Manjunatha.T.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned above, this feature was not released in the currently released version.

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lior,

"As for adding fields - stand on where you want to add the field, go to the fields task pane and click the Add... button", I understand that.

So after that I go to LAYOUT, right-click and choose customize toolbar->[User-defined]. I give a text and for the action...what can I put? can give me something simple to put just to see ? and how now I link this action to the button I created just before?

Maybe I don't understand well this process

anyway many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For user custom events (actions):

1. Define the action on the field you want to raise it. e.g. On a button in the toolbar. The action itself can be any string. Don't use any of the predefined events (SUBMIT, SELECT, INSERT, etc.)

For example: EXEC

2. After you defined the field - use that event on a connector line (for example, connecting an input form to a BAPI). Change the event name to the one you defined. This means that when that event (in the example above - EXEC) will be raised, then the execution will follow on that connector line.

Hope this helps,

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read in documentation "SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer USer Guide", that User-defined functions are supported by the GML language, and can be used for extending the set of built-in functions.

I was wondering what does it mean? Can we add some code in VC? and where i can do it?

thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you're referring to the Expressions Editor (please correct me if I'm wrong). It can be used to define calculations (by the model designer) over fields. You can have various expressions built on top of the basic ones provided in the expressions editor.

You can also define new fields (aka Virtual fields) and define calculations on them based on fields coming from the back end.

You have no option to add or otherwise change the code generated using VC.

Hope this helps,

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by User Defined functions - custom data services?

Lior