cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS BULK UPLOAD INTO SAP STORAGE CATEGORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to upload 4 lacs files into SAP DMS with a ABAP code.

I want to make it load in background job.Can i keep the files in my local PC & Schedule the job in backgorund?

Whether it will take the file from my Local PC & upload in DMS Storage category directly in Background.

Kindly let me know the solution for this issue.

Regards,

veeramani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Veeramani,

Normally you can create a DIR and then attach an original to it. This is also possible automatically by using the DMS BAPIs or API function modules. For the mass creation of document info records there is a special transaction called SXDA. In SAP note 817743 you will find a detailed description for this transaction. If you just want to create few DIRs automatically then I you can also  use the BAPI (DOCUMENT_CREATE2) or API function modules. Therefore please see the SAP notes 766277 (BAPI documentation) and 504692 (special API function modules).

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have any SAP Application server folder or FTP folder.

all the documents have kept in a shared folder.From there i want to loadd these files into SAP DMS thro a background jobs.

Can u please let me know the process without LSMW & SXDA.

Regards,

veeramani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi as suggested by Christopher use BAPI - BAPI (DOCUMENT_CREATE2) for mass upload then there is no need to create any folder or seperate application server, files diretcly uploaded as per your requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply.Can u please let me know the steps to Upload the Documents from Webdynpro UI.I am using the bapi CVAPI_doc_Create & Aagian calling the Checkin Bapi to checkin the document.

The documents get created but when i open the document i get an error as file corrupted.

Can u please help me how to solve this error.

Regards,

veeramani

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veeramani,

Yes, SAP DMS documents can be loaded as background job with the help of LSMW.

Regards

Amit