Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DT component installation/update issue

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade SAP IdM 7.1 SP6 to IdM 7.1 SP7 and I am facing

an issue with the  Designtime component.

Error: "The wizard was interrupted before SAP NW - Identity Mgmt. could

be completely installed".

After the error appears I tried to open MCC an now I am receiving an

error "MMC could not create the snap-in."

Any idea?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ridouan,

Uninstall and reinstall again.  Make sure that there are no dispatchers or event agents running.  Also make sure there are no connections to the IDM database (mxmc_db by default). Also, please make sure that you have sufficient user rights and that nothing has happened to the rights of the database users.

If this doesn't work, a long shot would be to see what is in the provisioning queue.  Maybe something's open? (This one is pretty far fetched, but it's worth checking as a last resort)

Matt

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt.

Before starting the installation I have stopped all the dispatchers and shut-down the SAP IdM Portal to ensure all connections are closed. I am able to access the database so I think it's a software related issue.

I have also uninstalled DT now but still the same issue.

I will try the Windows installer but the RT component was installed successfully as a test to ensure Windows installer is working.

Regards,

Ridouan

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

Make sure you uninstall both, then reinstall the DT first and execute the upgrade script so that the database is updated.Then install the RT.

I seem to remember an old tip that sometimes helped was to do a reboot of the system between uninstall and reinstall.  Might be a good idea if you're still having issues.

Matt

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Rebooted the server but that didn't help as well.

Unfortunately I will never know the cause of the issue as the customer is requesting a backup restore.

Many thanks for your help!.

Regards,

Ridouan

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, good luck.  Just thought of one other thing.  Could there have been an updated Java version involved?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Even with the restore the update is still not starting. We are still using the same Java version.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Were there any system updates done?  Could it be a problem with the Microsoft installer system?