cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLC Supplier Attachment extensions and size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with Supplier Lifecycle Management, and for the Supplier Portfolio (so both at Buy-side and Sell-side) I would need to check that the user doesn't upload any type of file as an attachment, and also limit the allowed upload size (for example 10Mb).

Looking in SPRO customizing for SLC, I found an activity under "Supplier Portfolio Management/Supplier Attachments/Define Supported MIME types".

In this table it seems we can store what MIME types are allowed as attachments... Testing on the NWBC to attach a file, it allows me to select an *.exe file for example, but when trying to upload it gives me the error message: "Error when uploading; the file name is invalid or the file is too large".

Thing is, I don't know if this error message is from the customizing, or something else. Because I then try to upload a *.txt file (which is allowed in customizing) but I get the same error.

Also wanted to know if there is anywhere we could set up what maximum file size could be used to upload.

If this can't be done in custo, would I have to do it in the WebDynpro (for Buy-side) and BSP (for Sell-side)?

If anyone has done this before and could help, would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Adi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello both,

Yes indeed, this is now possible with SP3.

However the way we solved it before SP3 was doing the following (just in case anyone faces the same issue):

Create Enhancement Points in /SRMSMC/CL_BSP_MODEL method IMPORT_ATTACHMENT and /BOBF/CL_ATF_A_CREATE_FILE method /BOBF/IF_FRW_ACTION~PREPARE.

In these two methods (for Buy and Sell side) we have the necessary file info and can control the file size limit. This can also be handy if you want to set a generic file size limit; and don't want to maintain one per MIME type (like in the SP3 customizing point).

Cheers,

Adi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

In SLC1.0 SP3, there is a node to define the maximum size allowed for attachments.

You need to maintain MIME type and maximum size in kilobytes.

SAP Supplier Lifecycle Management - Buy Side - Supplier Qualification - Basic Settings for Supplier Qualification - Define Maximum Size for Attachments

Thanks,

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

with Sp03 it is possible to limit file sizes via customizing depending on mime type. Please also check out notes regarding mime types. If you receive upload error all the time it might be possible that no mime types are maintained in your system(table SDOKMIME and SDOKMIME_C)

Kind regards

Armin