Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BW 7.3 Transformation update behavior for selective update

Hi Experts,

I have following issue:

I'm trying to load the text for a characteristicInfoObject from two sources. Thereby I want to fill short and middle text from one source, which is a Datasource. The long text I want to update from another InfoObject (from a hierarchy). I have created successfully the two transformations with its corresponding DTPs and implementet the logic as I need. It is working fine, except of one problem: The fields which have no rule definition in the transformation got always overwritten (initialized). This results in following situation:

- First, I load from the datasource fillling short and middle text. Long text remains empty. (Till now everything is fine)

- Secondly, I execute the second load which fills the long text, but also overwrites/ clears the short and middle text

- Lastly (the other way around), executing the first transformation fills short and middle text again, but clears long text

Is there a way to make a selective update with BW 7.3 as it was possible in BW 7.0 with the end routine configuration "Update behavior of fields in the End Routine"? I know that in BW 7.3 we have a new popup when opening the end routine which allows us to select the fields used in the end routine, but for me this is not working. I have deselected the short and middle text fields in my second transformation, but they got overwritten anyway.

Related to this problem I could find a SAP note, that matches to my problem: Note 1620462 - Value are initialized: DataStore and InfoObject

This SAP note is inclued in SP5, which we have already implemented.

Do you have any idea? Is there any mistake from my side and system is working as supposed or is this a bug in the BW? Maybe this is because we have master data upload and not normal DSO/Cube?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Waldemar Brill

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

RESULT:

After consulting SAP we could clarify this question. Selective updates are only possible for attributes (and DSOs), but not for text uploads. We will implement a workaround as suggested by Deepak Chavan or use a consolidation DSO for our text uploads.

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions.

Kind Regards

Waldemar Brill

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question