cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source determination in PP/DS : Cost

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Some of the docs i have seen on how source determination happens in PP/DS says that "If several sources of supply (PDS/PPM) has the same priority, the system considers the one lowest cost". I can see that we have a cost field in PPM, and in SNP-PDS. I dont see a 'COST' field in PP/DS PDS. So is this  valid for PDS by any chance?

I am  wondering if the docs are i read are correct or if i am missing something. And moreover does the normal heuristics consider cost as a parameter? i thought 'cost' effects were a matter for optimizer only.

Helpful answers will be heavily rewarded  

regards,

Sreeram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

To display the cost information, you need to change the layout at header level to include the cost fields as shown in the following screenshot.

Thanks,
Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I was preparing myself for some big theory on why cost is missing...

never realized it was right under my nose. Thanks for the answer.

regards,

Sreeram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

cost in the PDS will only be used by heuristics to rank possible sources of supply (together with priority, on-time delivery...) and then select following this rank. This decision depends only of this particular product and the current plannning situation, there are no trade-offs.

The optimizer will compute a global cost for selected products combining makespan, delays... but it will not use the cost in the PDS. If I remember correctly, the PDS cost is at header level, and as the PP/DS cannot change PDS for an existing order, all PDS costs are a constant for the optimizer and do not affect the result. Never tried the option of creating PP/DS with the optimizer, in that case I assume it would affect the result.

regards,

J.

0 Kudos

Thanks J,  I have more clarity on the 'cost effects' now.