cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retain background color of a cell after a note is saved in it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have written a macro to change the color of a cell based on the value entered in it, and the macro is working fine. When a user saves a note in the cell, the background color disappears. I'm unable to retain the background color after a note is entered. Please advise.

Thanks

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check if your macro is assigned to the "Default" event, so it gets activated when there is a manual action from the user (or assign it to all of them, just to be sure, then remove one by one until you get how it works).

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James. I tried making it as a Default macro, but it still does not work. The Note gets saved, the color disappears. I remove the note, and the color is restored.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marvin,

Please make sure that you have default macro to change the background color of the cell.

In this case you will be able to retail the background color of the cell by just deleting the note attached.

Go to display note and delete.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag,

I need the note as well as the background color. I cant remove the note as the user would be trying to send across a message to another. The color denotes a functionality, and the note adds to the explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marvin,

I think whenever you attach a note to any cell will take a default color.

A work around will be having a copy of the key figure where original one has the background color and the copied one would have the notes or vice versa.

Regards,

Anurag