cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impact /usr/sap/sid full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know, what impacts if /usr/sap/sid full?

I know for some moment users denied print via LOCL.

There is impact to cluster? or anything else?

Kindly share your thought/experience.

Thank You

Edy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is pretty simple, the filesystem should not be full. The system will not crash, but various errors will occur.

Either remove garbage, extend the filesystem or prevent generation of certain large files.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edy,

I really assumed that the \usr directory is one that is full not the sap\SID as it is just a subfolder.

One of the impacts of having a full \usr directory is that your transports will be affected. The directory contains the cofile and data file, and if that is full, you cant write those files in their directories.

Also, if you are keeping log files, those will not be updated and in the event you have an error, you wont have references for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Rod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edy,

1) Spools wont get generted as they needs to have free space : /usr/sap/C11/SYS/global/ and in turn your printing will stop.

2) Startsap / stopsap generates logs under work dir., it will have problem as it can not write logs.

3) all the system / Bg jobs logs are under \usr\sap...\ SYS\global dir, as Rod said it will have the impact.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

global  directory is generally linked to /sapmnt/<SID>/global. So there should be no effects on spool and bkgroung work processes. Few things which will be effected are startsap/stopsap, logs in work directory, ICM, stat files in data dir etc. So system will not stop working but it may give some errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Premlesh,

What about if OS is windows?

it would be residing at the path I mentioned.

Cheers,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I agree. so only i used word 'generally' .

Regards, Premlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edy,

The reason can be anything, ranging from large statistic files to core dumps or trace files.

Approach should be to find in /usr/sap what directory consuming the most space. If it is Unix you can run certain commands like du to find that.

Once you determine that, you can tell us here what are the contents of that directory.

Thanks,

Samik Sarkar