cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the SYSTEM password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running HANA 1.0 SP04 revision 37 in our sandbox environment.  The time has come to tighten our HANA security.  I want to change the SYSTEM password to some other value.  I reviewed the HANA Security guide but it describes what to do to restore the system when the SYSTEM password is forgotten. SAP notes I found don't relate to simply changing the SYSTEM password; instead, they also address more complex scenarios.

Can someone please point me to something that tells me how to change the SYSTEM password?  Thanks a lot.

Rex L. Farris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just an amendment: you can also login as SYSTEM in Studio, open a SQL editor and execute:

alter user SYSTEM password MyN3wPassword

Regards,

Lucas de Oliveira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rex:

Try the below steps:

Goto to Navigator Tab -> Right click on the System and goto properties -> popup window will

open -> select the db user logon and select the secure storage and change the password

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, Rama.

I think I may be making this more difficult than it is.  Based on your input, I'm now thinking I can simply change the SYSTEM password like I would change any other user's password.  In the Navigator, expand Catalog->Authorization->Users and right-click on SYSTEM and Open.  Enter a new password, confirm it, then Save.