cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Orders not generated for HALB in MRP Run of FERT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm running the MRP for FERT. When i run MRP for FERT, system is not generating the Planned orders for HALB. For HALB only Dependent Requirements are generating.

I maintained the master data.

For FERT:

Strategy Group - 11

Mixed MRP - 2

Production storage location exception for MRP

Individual/Collective - 2

For HALB:

Strategy Group - 11

Mixed MRP - 2

Production storage location exception for MRP

Individual/Collective - 2

Whatever the data maintained for FERT same maintained for HALB also. But for FERT Planned orders are generated.

When i run the MRP for HALB manually, by giving the demand in MD61, Planned orders are generated.

But, if i run for FERT i'm getting Dependent Requirements only. No Planned orders for HALB.

Please help me.

Naren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Remove strategy for HALB material, and run MRP for FERT and check.

Regards,

Sharat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Please check the type of MRP you have halb materials, it should be PD type if you want this to participate in determinestic type of MRP or MRP.

Once you have your requirements in the system, check for planning file entries. Once you do planning of header material, depending of type of halb - if purchased material will have planned orders or purchase requisition as per MRP run setting and if in house manufactured material will have planned orders.

Also check the stocks of halb material. If dependent requirements are less than stock present, there will not be any planning for halbs.

Regards,
Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the reply.

I made MRP type as PD for FERT and HALB.

I maintained the Strategy as 11 in FERT. No strategy in HALB.

I maintained Ind/coll in MRP 4 as 2 in FERT and HALB. My scenario is make to stock.

and my production storage location is exception from MRP.

So, in that case whatever the demand is there system has to create the planned orders. I'm getting in the FERT level. But not in HALB level.

If i maintain the PIR for HALB, then system is generating the planned orders.

But, i wont maintain the PIR for HALB.

I'll maintain PIR at FERT level. If i run MRP for FERT, system will plan dependent materials also.

For HALB - Planned orders

For ROH and VERP - Purchase Requisitions

But for HALB i'm not getting the Planned orders.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls Help me in this issue.

Naren

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Provide screen shot of Stock req. list of tht fert and halb material

Regards,

Dhaval

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check MRP 4 view for your HALB for MRP dep.requirements = 1 Materials for dependent requirements are not planned. So system will not planned the depended requirement.

Also have you excluded the storage location from MRP?

Could you please share the screen shot of MD04 for your HALB and FERT?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check for FERT

1. Have you maintained the (MRP4)MRP Depreq ' 1 Materials for dependent requirements are not planned' and

2.  For HALB; maintianed the 'Bulk' in MRP2 view.

If yes, then remove these settings and process the MRP

Thanks

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I tried with MRP dep requirement =1 also.

I'm not getting.

Yes.I exclueded the storage location from MRP..

I'll run the MRP for FERT. HALB, ROH and VERP should be plan based on the requirement.

For HALB Planned orders need to be generated. For FERT and HALB, not to consider the stock and open orders.

For the ROH and VERP it needs to consider the Open PO's, PR's and stock.

For HALB and FERT availability check maintained as Y2 without considering the stocks and open orders.

For ROH and VERP availability check maintained as Y1 with considering the stocks, Open PO's and PR's.

Please find screenshot for FERT.

For HALB:

Naren

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

tried with MRP dep requirement =1 also.

Please keep this field blank.

Yes.I exclueded the storage location from MRP..

Any for strategy 11 system will not consider the stock.

Keep the setting excluded the storage location from MRP only for HALB.

For HALB Planned orders need to be generated. For FERT and HALB, not to consider the stock and open orders.

For the ROH and VERP it needs to consider the Open PO's, PR's and stock.

For HALB and FERT availability check maintained as Y2 without considering the stocks and open orders.

For ROH and VERP availability check maintained as Y1 with considering the stocks, Open PO's and PR's.

These setting is not relevant for MRP as it s for ATP check.

Availability check OPJJ setting has no impact on MRP it will be consider only for ATP check.

The only kind of stocks that can be excluded from MRP are

Stock in Transfer

Blocked stock

Restricted use stock (batches)

You can select/deselect these in OPPI.

As per your scenario I think make to order strategy like 20 is more inline with these kind of planning.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have mentioned "For HALB and FERT availability check maintained as Y2 without considering the stocks and open orders".

So you are expecting system should create new planned order for HALB material.

But availability check logic is different from MRP run calculation logic. In MRP run calculation, system considers open orders and it will not consider existing stock due to strategy11.

From your screenshot, FERT material requirement is 500,000 and equal number of dependent orders are available for HALB material. So system will not create any more planned orders.

Regards,

Dharma

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I can't see any dependent req of halb on date 28/01/2013 and 03/08/2013. And may be reason behind is, production version is missing in both the plan order no 974 and 975 of FG code, due to which bom is not exploded during mrp run. open that planned orders and check component codes. I guess components are missing.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

My scenario is Make to Stock.

While loading the Demand itself, the stocks and open orders are considered. So, in MRP i don't want to consider the Warehouse stock, Open Production orders for HALB and FERT.

I'll run MRP for FERT only. Then HALB, ROH and VERP has to plan.

For FERT and HALB planned orders needs to be generated.

For this scenario, what are the settings need to be done in config level and as well as master data.

Pls help me.

Thanks in advance.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Components are available in the planned order.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In Planning strategy 11 system will not consider the stock  use only for FG.

Keep the setting excluded the storage location from MRP only for HALB material.

and run MRP with Planning mode 3 deleted and Recreate and check the results.

Also there are process order for HELB then in that case you should have requirement more than these orders.

For test purpoose please TECO all there orders and take Fresh MRP run.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls help me for this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made the all orders TECO. I run the MRP. I'm not able to get the planned orders for HALB.

With some other strategy can we get this?

Naren

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please share the screen shot of  MD04 and MRP view of ur FG and SFG.

Also as I told your requirement is to plan the material in individual segment that is nothing but make to order. You may use strategy like 50 in this case.

Or in MTS collective order will be also helpful with planning strategy 11 no need to exclude the storage location in this case as there would not be any good receipts for HELB as stock and FG will have stock and strategy 11 will not consider it.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The only possible reason is demand is not getting transferred from FERT to HALB.

Please check the Lot Size for Halb.

Check whether any special procurement key is assigned.

Check for any schedule lines.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Zonee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the above scenario. In that, if i convert the planned order for FERT into process order, automatically HALB planned order also converted to process order.

Is there any possibility to maintain different number range for HALB and FERT process orders.

I've different order types for HALB and FERT process orders.

Please help me.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

I maintained the 52 special procurement key in the material master.

Based on that, direct production concept is working. In that, number range is getting different for HALB and FERT.

I assigned the MRP group in Material master also. Still i'm not getting the different number ranges.

Please help me.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the scenario of collective order, that will not work for my scenario. There wont be any GR for semi-finished product. We need to do costing for semi finished and that should be used for the finished. That semi finished process order, the cost of GR is showing as Finished product only.

Please check the screenshots of the MD04 for Semi Finished and Finished products.

I maintained for FG

Strategy Group - 11

Mixed MRP  - 2

Storage location exception

The screenshot as follows

For SFG i maintained the master data as follows

Strategy Group -11

Mixed MRP  -2

Storage location excluded

For SFG the screenshot as follows

Please check and help me.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me for this scenario.

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Pls can you explain us the business process in detail.

Regards

Subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

Your dependent requirements are against SL 1180, but this SL is not planned.  MRP will not  generate any planned orders for shortages in this SL.

You could change the parent material such that the dependent requirements and reservations are not against this SL.

Best regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I changed SL 1180 for MRP Planning. Please check the below screen shot.

Still i'm not getting planned orders for HALB.

Thanks in Advance.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario as follows.

I'll have PIR for FERT material. When i run the MRP for FERT automatically dependent materials like Packaging and semifinished will be planned.

Under HALB material, ROH materials is there. That also need to be planned.

In my scenario, i'm using 11 strategy. In MRP run system not o consider the Warehouse stock of FERT and Open process orders also.

I did my storage location is exception from MRP i maintained. So, In FERT level i'm getting the PIR qy exactly. Under the FERT, HALB material requirement Planned order will be generated. Where as in my case, i'm not getting planned order for HALB material.

My Master Data:

FERT:

Strategy - 11

Mixed MRP - 2

Ind/Colle - 2

HALB:

Strategy - 11

Mixed MRP - 2

Ind/Colle - 2

Thanks in advance.

Naren

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will NEVER NEVER get a planned order generated with this setting of Str.grp 11 and Mixed MRP indicator 2 for the two consecutive planning levels-FERT & HALB.

With BSF we get what is called as a planning segment. This is the separate line we see in MD04 specifying Gross Requirements Planning.(Just fyi SAP ECC supports 9 types of such segments including those you would have seen like subcontracting, customer segment/MTO, Direct production etc etc.,)

What you are trying to do is set up a planning segment for your FERT and for a dep reqmt to be generated out of this planning segment for HALB you again cut it down and open up another planning segment for the dependent reqmt HALB. System does not allow such a linkage and breaks it.

First try creating the PIR's both for your FERT  and HALB. You will initially see the Planning segment appearing for both FERT and HALB in MD04.
Try executing a MRP run and you will see that the HALB planning segment is lost for HALB in MD04 which confirms the link breakage. And obviously there is no downstream planning happening starting with HALB material.

To accompolish your objective of generating a planned order for HALB what you need to do is:

1. For FERT material, apart from the Str.gp 11/Mixed MRP indicator 2, set up the MRP4 Dep Reqts for MRP indicator as 1 meaning that dep reqmts out of this FERT are not planned.
2. Load PIR's for your HALB material.11/2 setting alone is sufficient.
3. Execute MRP.
You should see the planning segments existing in MD04 for both FERT and HALB along with the planned orders and also procurement proposals for any component/s down below HALB in the BOM level.
(Consistency in planning becomes a question mark with your setting though, as it is obvious here).

Please check and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I'm on vocation. Sorry for late reply.

I executed the scenario. When i run MRP for FERT by keeping MRP dependent requirement, it is running for all levels. I maintained as ind/coll requirement as 2. Should i keep that or not. If i remove also i got for all levels.

Thanks in advance.

Naren

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, The ind/coll requirement indicator has no significance in a make to stock environment and is relevant only in a sales order-related env only. Irrespective of the setting the results should be the same as you have confirmed.

If you use the str.grp 20 for instance, you can get a feel of how this indicator works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks.

Nedd One clarification,

If i keep MRP dependent requirement as 1 for FERT, relevant HALB BOM will not be exploded. If i enter PIR for HALB it will be exploded.

In FERT BOM level i've HALB and VERP materials. VERP materials need to be plan. Will it plan?

Please clarify this.

Naren

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,At the FERT level with a MRP dep req setting of 1, if you have VERP materials also in the BOM level, you will not be able to plan for these VERP materials.

In such a setup you will be required to make HALB with out the str.grp11 and plan using FERT MRP dep req as blank. Meaning only one str.grp level is possible (at FERT level) if you want to plan all FERT/HALB/VERP materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

In that case, i'm not getting planned orders for HALB. I need planned orders for HALB material also. Based on the requirement generated for HALB through MRP run of FERT, i'll convert to process orders.

Will it possible to get planned orders for HALB material?

Thanks in advance.

Naren

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your original query on why the planned order for HALB was not generated had been answered long long back.

You want Planned orders for your HALB material:
Option1: If your reqmt is to have the str grp 11 for both levels FERT and HALB, you cannot plan for your VERP materials (which are also in the BOM of FERT material). Also you need to set MRP dep reqmt as 1 for your FERT and load PIR also separately for your HALB.You can plan for your HALB but still cannot plan VERP materials at the same BOM level as HALB because of the MRP dep reqmt setting.

Option2: If your reqmt is to plan for VERP materials also (part of BOM under your FERT) set the str grp only for your FERT material and leave the str grp blank for HALB along with the MRP dep reqmt for FERT also as blank. In such a case you will get planned orders for HALB and also your VERP materials.

These two look like straight forward options available and you need to choose one among them.

Please close this message.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

This is the standard SAP behavior in case if planning strategy is set for 11 for the Assembly and sub-

assembly,the system will propose the procurement proposals only if Planned independent

requirements are maintained for each assembly and sub-assembly.

Either you have to remove the planning strategy for the sub-assembly(HALB) or else you have to

maintain the PIR for both the Finished and semi-finished products to generate the procurement

proposal through MRP run.

Check and update.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies Sharat and Mangalraj.

I remove the strategy in HALB material. I run the MRP for FERT level. Still i'm getting only dependent requirements. No Planned orders generated for HALB.

Naren

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

Have you maintained MRP type PD for SFG's?

Kindly share you master data maintenance or check yourself and redo MRP run.

Regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

pls maintain planning strategy as 40 for the both FG and SFG, then rerun MRP.

before re running MRP check,

both FG and SFG, procurement type has to be E (Inhouse production) in order to create planned order.

pls check and revert back.

Regards,

Sathiya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I maintained MRP type PD for SFG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My scenario is no need to consider the warehouse stock and open process orders. Whatever the demand qty is there, for the need to generate Planned orders. That is working with strategy 11 in the FERT level.

But for SFG no planned orders generated, when i run MRP for FG.