Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Alerts are not getting triggered from proxy servers

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on PI 7.0 SP 9.0 integrating with SRM/EBP 5.0 and Ariba MarketPlace and other legacy systems.

I configured XI Alerts successfully, that means alerts are working fine for any errors in Adapter Engine, Integration Engine and BPM. But I don't see any alerts for errors in SRM-Proxy Server. In our scenario messages are flowing through SRM Proxy server so if any errors occur we would like to notify by XI alerts.

SRM Proxy is also a part of the XI end-end integration, so I am expecting an alert to be raised for error from proxy server (Sender/recevier). From RWB I can see all the messages of Proxy server.

Please let me know if you have any clues, appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Laxman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

.We have a requirement in which we want to raise alerts for the outbound proxy, incase the data doesn't reach the XI server.Pease let em know wheter u were sucessfull in doing this.

Regards,

Pragati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

Hey r u tryin to say if some errors cms up in the processing done SRM, then alerts shud be raised. Im not sure whether its possible...

Neways, check the following link

<a href="/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy:///people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/01/07/how-to-raise-alerts-from-abap-proxy

Regards,

Akshay

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Thanks for your quick answer, so you mean we can not raise alerts for any errors in Proxy server?.

We are using <b>FaultMessage</b> to throw exceptions back to Proxy server from Proxy Implementation class. with that we were able to make this message as faulty/error. So logically thinking Alert framework should be included the proxy server as well to notify the errors.

If this alerts doesn't work then what is the use of raising the Fault Message (Raising fault message is part of the XI framework to impl error handling). In this case I need to open a note with SAP.

Please let me know if anybody successful doing this.

Thanks,

Laxman

Akshay,

No other answers so far I assuming that there is no way we can achive this... rewarding points to you for your quick and helpful answer.

Message was edited by: laxman

Laxman Molugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

As far as my knowldege, when any processing goes in error in an apllicaion system, his system will raise the alerts if the alerts are defined in the application system. But, I guess in ur case, the alerts are defind in the XI box. But u get an error in the SRM system and u r just sending a negative ack or for tht matter fault messages conveying ur exceptions to the sender system back. So, probably u can raise alerts in XI based on those fault messages...Im not sure....lemme hv a look at it...

Regards,

Akshay