cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help importing certain users from LDAP

andrew_hodgins
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're implementing SAP for the first time in our company and I'm trying to get the employees imported into SAP from AD (LDAP). The thing is that I don't want all the users imported, just a subset of users. As a test, I'm using one of the MS Exchange custom attributes (extensionAttribute3) with the value "sap" for the users I want to import.

Using the transaction LDAP, I specify the ldap server and click the "Log On" button using the system user and execute. It successfully connects to the ldap server. I click the "Find" button and test by using the following:

Base entry: OU=Company Users,DC=VML,DC=LAN

Filter: (&(objectclass=user)(extensionAttribute3=sap))

When I execute, it returns all 8 users who are in a variety of sub OUs but all have that custom attribute set.So I know SAP can find and filter just the users I need it to.

My problem is that when I click on the "LDAP Servers" link on the "Directory Service Connection" (LDAP) page, switch to change mode, highlight the ldap server and double-click on the "Mapping" link on the left, There's a box called "ObjectClasses" above the mappings. I've found that the Object Class needs "user" on one of the lines but when it's like that, it imports all the users in the company from ldap when I kick off the syncronization (RSLDAPSYNC_USER in transaction SE38).

How can I get SAP to just import the users with the custom extensionAttribute3 value?

Thanks,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Are you trying to do this through IDM or another module? 

This forum is for SAP NetWeaver Identity Management related issues only.

Thanks,

Matt

andrew_hodgins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good question. The more I read about Identity Management, the more I realize we don't have that. Can you please suggest a better place for me to post this question?

Thanks!

Andrew

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you're working from HCM.  Have you thought about IDM for your SAP implementation? It works very well with HCM and most ABAP and JAVA modules (unlike CUA)

Feel free to PM me and maybe we can chat!

Matt

andrew_hodgins
Explorer
0 Kudos

I figured out how to import without using the filter - just the OU. I do like what I've seen of the IDM, though and maybe we can implement that in the future. Thanks for your help.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew, no worries.  IDM is an important part of any new SAP implementation.

Matt

Answers (0)