cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view apps available for install in Afaria iOS client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there something that needs to be configured in Afaria to view the app? I currently only have one available for install and have it categorized but am unable to view it in the apps section of the Afaria client.  I am only able to install it after a pop-up prompt asks me to install.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your web.config file located in package server as stated in below configuration and remove the security section . After that you will see the application list in your iOS Afaria application. It is working for me.  

SOLUTION:
Open the Web.config file located in the <PackageServerInstallPath>\ps path in a text editor.  In the <bindings> section, search for any <security> sections and comment / remove them; and restart the IIS server.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true" />

<customErrors mode="Off" />

</system.web>

<!-- Settings referenced internally by service. -->

<appSettings>

<add key="BackEndPackageServerIP" value="localhost"></add>

<add key="BackEndPackageServerPort" value="8080"></add>

</appSettings>

<!-- Settings referenced internally by service. -->

<system.serviceModel>

<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" />

<services>

<service behaviorConfiguration="myWebHttpServiceBehavior" name="PackageServer.FrontEndService">

<endpoint address="" binding="webHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="myWebHttpBinding" contract="PackageServer.IFrontEndPackageService" behaviorConfiguration="myWebBehavior">

</endpoint>

<endpoint address="stream" binding="webHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="myStreamedWebHttpBinding" contract="PackageServer.IFrontEndPackageService" behaviorConfiguration="myWebBehavior">

</endpoint>

</service>

</services>

<behaviors>

<endpointBehaviors>

<behavior name="myWebBehavior">

<webHttp />

</behavior>

</endpointBehaviors>

<serviceBehaviors>

<behavior name="myWebHttpServiceBehavior">

<serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="True" />

<serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />

<dataContractSerializer maxItemsInObjectGraph="2147483647" />

</behavior>

</serviceBehaviors>

</behaviors>

<bindings>

<webHttpBinding>

<binding name="myWebHttpBinding" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647" maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxBufferPoolSize="2147483647">

<readerQuotas maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647" />

<!--<security mode="Transport">

<transport clientCredentialType="Digest" />

</security>-->

</binding>

<binding name="myStreamedWebHttpBinding" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647" maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxBufferPoolSize="2147483647" transferMode="StreamedResponse">

<readerQuotas maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647" />

<!--<security mode="Transport">

<transport clientCredentialType="Digest" />

</security>-->

</binding>

</webHttpBinding>

</bindings>

</system.serviceModel>

<system.webServer>

<directoryBrowse enabled="false" />

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

Regards,

Haseeb

D_Olderdissen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you want to see/deploy the app from inside the Afaria client, you will need use the custom signed Afaria client on iOS. This is an Apple imposed limitation - the Afaria client on iTunes is not allowed to display apps inside of the client.

Workaround is using the EUSSP for deploying the apps.

You can find more more details on frontline.sybase.com (Afaria Support Pages).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy!

Did you resolve problem with applications? I have same issue with android apps. I installed portal package server (afaria version 7) but I don't see applications from Androind Enterprise and Google Play on my devices. I think I have to install something else or make some settings, but I don't know. If your issues was resolved can you describe me how.

Thanx a lot

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

You have to deploy tour app's .apk file into the Afaria server, only then will you be able to view the app in your Afaria client.

Best Regards,

Sujith

shival_tailor
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I see you have another thread opened for the same question. Is it still an open question? Are you able to deploy App Store apps? I assume you have installed Package Server in your environment.

Regards,

Shival