cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 Logon Pad

Loren
Explorer
0 Kudos

After implementing SAP GUI 7.30 patch 1, we have noticed that the logon pad can no longer be closed when an SAP session is open.  I found previous discussions about this confirming this is true.  My question is - Is there a way to change this via a registry key or something else?  Our users would rather have the option to close out this window if possible.

Thank in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Loren,

This is actually the correct behaviour,which was not implimented before.

There is no registry setting to change this.

There is actually no memory usage to be gained by killing saplogonpad,as it uses very

little resources.

If you close the SAP GUI session after closing SAP LOGON, you will not

see anything in the taskbar, but SAP LOGON is still running.

Kind Regards,

Jude

Loren
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jude,

Thank You for the response.

We have noticed that the logon pad does continue to show up in the taskbar in Windows XP and 7.  This seems to be a big deal for some of our end users as it takes up space on the taskbar and gets in the way of alt-tab sometimes.  This seems to be a trivial issue, but for the sake of my end users, is there any way around having this stay open.  We would love if it would minimize to the system tray as you suggest!

Any ideas?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Loren,

The only thing that might have  worked is the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPGUI     StartSaplogon = 0

However this does not work for patch 1.

For Windows 7 users, all I can suggest is that the taskbar properties are set to

small icons and 'Always Combine' Hide Labels'

Best regards.

Jude

Loren
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jude, sounds like we'll just have to make this work as it is.

Thanks,

Loren

tomas_chrastina
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

thanks for answers. Even if this is correct behavior of SAP Logon, it's something new/changed. And many users don't like to see SAP Logon in taskbar while SAP GUI itself is running. It was fine when we closed it = sent it to tray. And I don't see reason why this cannot be in SAP Logon Options? Or at least be possible to change this "correct" new behavior through registry?

Best regards,

Tomas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have users don't like to see SAP Logon in taskbar. If user open more than one session window with this behavior is more one SAP logon in taskbar.

Bet regards,

João Mendes