cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install WAS 700 & WAS 640 on same Windows 2003 server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an SCM 5 installation running on WAS 700 on Windows 2003/SQL server 2000 on a test box, instance number 00, all installed ok and was running fine.

I needed to do some support pack testing, so I installed a second SAP system on the server, an ERP2004 system on the same server, running on WAS 640, instance number 10.

The ERP2004 install went fine, the system loaded ok, but I cannot connect from the SAPGUI, i just get WSAECONNECT errors, the odd thing is, I setup an RFC to remote logon from another SAP system, that works fine and lets me log onto client 000 on the ERP 2004 system using SAP* with the same details I put into SAPGUI, I can then navigate through transaction and all looks ok.

I've checked all the sapdp&sapgw entries in services and all looks ok, i've checked the DEV_MS, DEV_DISP and other work process files and all looks ok ???

Has anyone installed a WAS 640 & WAS 700 version on the same Windows 2003 Server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted the new ERP instance and reinstalled using system number 50, this worked fine, so it looks like a problem with the port 3210/3610, i've checked services file and all looks ok.

The comms team are now checking the server to find out why I couldn't connect to instance 10 via port 10.