cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Bank Type in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where our company wants to draft the amount from different banks based on the Ship-to. The master data set up currently is that Sold-to, Bill-to and Payer are the same in customer master. Only ship to varies. 

Example,

Say Sold to is 111XXX

Bill to is 111XXX

Payer is 111XXX

Ship to is 222XX1 - To be drafted from Bank AAAAA

Ship to is 222XX2 - To be drafted from Bank BBBBB

Ship to is 222XX3 - To be drafted from Bank CCCCC

Ship to is 222XX4 - To be drafted from Bank AAAAA

If delivered to first ship (222XX1), then, the amount should be drafted from bank AAAAA. If delivered to second ship to then the amount should be drafted from BBBBB and so on. We do not combine multiple deliveries for one invoice. So it is always one to one.

Can we in standard use the Payment Bank type to point to the right bank (when the invoice creates the corresponding accounting document and during the payment run) so that the requirement is satisfied. What are the settings required for the same?

Also, i was thinking of using Payment Bank Type for the same. Can you explain me how and in which scenarios we can use Payment Bank Type?

Your answer is much appreciated.

Regards,

Mukund

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukund,

Please read the below thread it may useful for you,

http://scn.sap.com/message/13563758

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2045497

Read the thread and according incorporate prototype in your development system and try to do the thorough testing.

1. Activate  & update the bank details in customer master record.

2. update  & update the bank details in material master record.

3. Maintian the Bank master data

4. Create the sales order & delivery

5. Create the Sales invoice

6. check from FI side regarding the payments

Best Regards,

MH

Regards,

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muhammad,

The issue here is, i have to get the right bank to get drafted based on the ship to party of the delivery for which the invoice is created. The currency for all the banks will remain the same. Even if i maintian a bank in ship to party (by activating the bank fields in a/c grp of ship to, which is not normally the scenario), the bank details will not be pulled during the payment run, because bank is determined based on the payer of the invoice. As I said in my post, the master data set up currently has the same payer number as that of sold to (meaining no different payer will be set up). Only ship to varies. I do not want to disturb the current master data set up as there may be many things (like reports, prints, FSCM, payment run variants etc) running based on the assumption that Sold-to and payer will be same. If i do, the result can be achieved but the change will be organization wide and big. So, i want to keep the impact as minimum as possible and achieve the desired results.

Regards,

Mukund S

Answers (0)