cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SAP JVM 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to install a new SAP Netweaver 7.02 JAVA on AIX 6.1. Now, as the IBM JVM 1.4.2 is no longer supported, I want to install the SAP JVM 4.1.
All documents found explains how to make the switch from IBM 1.4.2 JVM to SAP JVM 4, but how can I install ONLY the SAP JVM.
Can you help me?

Best regards,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think thats an option at the moment.... You can do the installation with a  vendor JDK and then switch to SAP JVM.

Read,

Note 1689942 - vendor JDK required for sapinst with install./system copy

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the SAP note. Now it is clear that the sapinst ONLY works with the vendor JVM . So I need to install it and then make the switch to SAP JVM.

Best regards,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

I had done installation for NW 7.3 few days ago and JDK installation is no more pre task needed

The JVM will be installed with SAP inst automatically and no action needed separately by BASIS

I am not sure about installation of SAP versions  other than NW 7.3 now a days as far as JDK is concerned but I think since SAP has stopped using vendors and has it's own JVM now ,the SAPINST program must have been updated accordingly by SAP for all necessary versions which need JVM

May be good idea to check installation documents

success!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.
I installed the IBM JVM 1.4.2 and then I made ​​the switch to SAP JVM 4.1.

Best regards,

Diego.

Answers (0)