cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database often goes to backup mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We are facing an issue that the database often goes to backup mode. we are using HP DP for backup.

Any clue why the DB is going to backup mode often?

Error details:

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2012-10-22 19.00.29

BR0319I Control file copy created: /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup/cntrl<SID>.dbf 56475648

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata1/system_1/system.data1 of tablespace SYSTEM is already in backup status

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata1/undo_1/undo.data1 of tablespace PSAPUNDO is already in backup status

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata1/sysaux_1/sysaux.data1 of tablespace SYSAUX is already in backup status

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata2/sr3_1/sr3.data1 of tablespace PSAPSR3 is already in backup status

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata2/sr3_2/sr3.data2 of tablespace PSAPSR3 is already in backup status

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata2/sr3_3/sr3.data3 of tablespace PSAPSR3 is already in backup status

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata2/sr3_4/sr3.data4 of tablespace PSAPSR3 is already in backup status

BR0328E Database file /oracle/<SID>/sapdata2/sr3_5/sr3.data5 of tablespace PSAPSR3 is already in backup status

Landscape details:

database:  Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g.

Thanks, Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

> Any clue why the DB is going to backup mode often?

.. because you are not using RMAN. In this case the database needs to be set into backup mode for a consistent backup.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Check if there are scheduled backup jobs in DB13 or that you have a script doing another backup.

Or communicate with your backup and storage team if they have executed a backup job.

Also, can you post the errors in the eventvwr?

Regards,

Rod

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please feed the usual stuff, we all like to know:

- brbackup version and patchlevel

- Oracle version and patchlevel

Possible reasons:

- the backup before this backup failed (i.e. with core dump) an did not set back the datafiles.

- manual or scripted command, may to catch a SAN snapshot, that did not set back the datafiles

To get the timestamp, scan the alert log for the BEGIN BACKUP command.

May be this way you track down who is executing this action.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oracle : 11.2.0.2.0

Brtools : BRTOOLS 7.00 (40)

>> - the backup before this backup failed (i.e. with core dump) an did not set back the datafiles.

Am not getting you, Please explain

>> - manual or scripted command, may to catch a SAN snapshot, that did not set back the datafiles

I am suspecting that the initiation of the backup from the backup team causing this issue, .But I am not sure on this.

yes, analyzing the alert log file.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

To be sure, do you mean that the database has been going to backup mode, before the backup? Or during at the online backup?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

yes, before the backup the database going to backup mode.

Thanks