cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a .CAB file be stored as MIME in Integrated ITS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently running on integrated ITS - WAS 7.0 kernel 90. (We are trying to convert from stand-alone ITS). We had an ActiveX control on one of our custom templates, and a corresponding .CAB file was stored under the MIMES in ITS. This worked fine in stand-alone ITS, but with integrated ITS, the browser doesn't seem to recognize the .CAB file type correctly.

Is it possible to utilize .CAB file as a MIME in integrated ITS? How or where do we define this mime type?

Thanks,

Pam Crissman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pam,

that's possible. please add the mimetype to the table SDOKMIME_C.

This should solve this issue.

best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not had any luck getting this change to work.

I first added an entry to SDOKMIME_C setting the extension to cab and type to application/octet-stream

This did not work, so I then tried a type of application/vnd.ms-cab-compressed.

So either I'm providing the wrong mime type for the cab file or I'm missing a step in this process.

The .cab files were already imported into ITS.. do I need to remove the files and re-add after inserting the entry into table SDOKMIME_C. Is this any other steps I need to make the change to SDOKMIME_C effective?

Thanks,

Pam Crissman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the problem? Is the mime type set properly to the

value you added to the table or not?

regards Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

When viewing the header information for the .cab file, it is coming across as text/html instead of the mime type I have specified in table SDOKMIME_C.

Thanks,

Pam Crissman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pam,

we corrected the ICF handler for those requests in Dec. 2006. May be you are missing

this correction?

Please check

CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS_MIMES

IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST

there should be

WHEN OTHERS.

MIME_EXTENSION = EXTENSION.

CALL FUNCTION 'SDOK_MIMETYPE_GET'

EXPORTING extension = MIME_EXTENSION

x_use_local_registry = SPACE

IMPORTING mimetype = MIME_TYPE.

CONTENT_TYPE = MIME_TYPE.

SERVER->RESPONSE->SET_CONTENT_TYPE( content_type ).

somewhere...

These correction comes with SAPKB64020, SAPKB70011 resp.

Did you already try the report 'RSIR_CONVERT_MIMETAB' is there a useful output?

best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I located OSS Note 1006763 ( I assume this is the note you are referring to), unfortunately we are only at SAPKB70010, with no plans to go to SAPKB70011 due to locking down for a technical upgrade. Any chance an advanced correction exists for this?

Pam Crissman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yepp,

there is a plan. Though we would prefer if you would apply our recent corrections, I appended correction instructions to this note especially four you - you are absolutely correct, I was referring to note 1006763.

Please apply that and let me know whether this solves this issue.

best regards and a nice weekend

Tobias

Message was edited by:

Tobias Gomer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have applied OSS Note 1006763. When viewing the headers I can now see the mime type application/octet-stream being set for our .CAB file. This matches the mime-type that has been in our external ITS Server. My problem is that the .CAB file is referenced in an <OBJECT> tag in the CODEBASE attribute. The expected behavior is that this would initiate a prompt asking to download the signed .CAB file if the control doesn't exist (behavior varies depending on internet security). This successfully works on external ITS, but not with internal ITS.

Here is the headers for internal ITS:

content-type: application/octet-stream

content-encoding: gzip

content-length: 32307

sap-cache-control: +86400

sap-isc-uagent: 0

cache-control: max-age=43200

last-modified: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:31:34 GMT

server: SAP Web Application Server (1.0;700)

and the headers from External ITS:

Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:31:53 GMT

Content-Type: application/octet-stream

Accept-Ranges: bytes

Last-Modified: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 02:27:13 GMT

Content-Length: 34541

My guess would be that the issue is with the content-encoding: gzip, and hopefully that accounts for the variance in content-length (I've imported the same cab into internal ITS).

Do you have any ideas what may be causing this? or if there is a way to achieve the desired behavior?

Thanks,

Pam Crissman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also wanted to mention that I did verify the system parameter ict/exclude_compression, and *.cab was included in the list.

Pam Crissman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pam,

did you check that the .cab's are identical?

The compression can be disabled using TA SICF und midifying the attributes

of the service

/default_host/sap/public/bc/its/mimes

please check this!

regards Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I am not having much luck with this. I went to txn SICF on the service that contains the mime and explicitly set the Compression to "No". I also exported the .CAB file from out external ITS and imported into internal ITS to make sure using the same identifical .CAB. I am still having the same issue.

Anymore ideas?

Pam Crissman

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI,

After some additional research.. looks like I was losing some attributes on the .CAB when exporting from external ITS to internal ITS. I located the original cab file and imported into internal ITS, and now appears to be working.

Applying the OSS Note was all that was needed.

Many thanks for your help on this.. outstanding!

Pam Crissman

Answers (0)