Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spool process depends type of printer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem with the printers.

I have configured in my system the LOCL printer; If I print a document with 100pages, another person can not print with the LOCL printer until finish my process.

Is this procedure normal?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor

hi Victor,

Dear,

It is a default functionality of printer that, printer can't accept the another print until complete the first job.

example:

If a spool job is  active then another user cannot take print until finished the first job. So, if another user want to take print then you have to cancel the first job then he can take the print.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I have 4 process of spool...

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, You have configured only one printer.

please check the below link.

Print Document to Printout

SAP-SPOOL-Process

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

so although two users print by locl (in different printer) and I have 4 process of SPOOL, my limitation is the printer locl??

Regards,

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Printing base is FIFO.

for more info please read the below guide
BC-CCM-PRN

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

And... If I have two local printers LOCAL and LOCL, the procedure is the same?

I test one user with LOCAL printer and other user with LOCL printer, and until the first one not finish, can not start the second user... is it normal?

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured in my system the LOCL printer; If I print a document with 100pages, another person can not print with the LOCL printer until finish my process.

What do you mean "can not print"? Create spool request or print immediately on printer device? How many printer devices you have?

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two LOCAL printers... of type SWIN.

One LOCAL and other LOCL.

If one person print with LOCAL the other person has his spool order in waiting until the first person finish.

Is normal?

Regards,

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes... its normal,

Dear Roman,

plz explain because now i m .

Regards,

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

You've got two printers: one is LOCAL and another one is LOCL. Now if two persons trying to use LOCL only simultaneously, in that case the print will be released for the one who gave print first(because his spool request has been generated and kept in the print queue first) and once its over the other person's print will get released.

In case one person is using LOCL and other one is LOCAL then both of them will be happy since they will get their prints without waiting for others (since you got enough spool work process for two users, as you told those are four).

M. Abdul Jamil has given you good enough links for documents to go through, please check.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check Output Attributes tab of your Output Device LOCL or LOCAL for option 'Process requests sequentially'. If checked uncheck this option. Please read carefully the following note about parallel request processing if you have multiple spool WPs:

Note 118057 - Flexible Configuration of the Spool Service

"

2.3.2.4   Output Devices Printing Requests in the Order they Were Generated

To guarantee that the output requests of a device are printed in the order they were generated, they have to be exclusively processed by one work process.  The load on a spool server cannot be reduced by distributing onto more work processes. You cannot process output requests for a single R/3 device faster by setting up more spool work processes.  Increasing the number only makes sense if the spool server is overloaded because there are too many output requests for all the output devices served by this server.

The load can be better distributed (like in the dialogue service) if new output requests can be processed by all spool work processes without any restriction.  When you configure an output device, you can decide if the output requests for this device are to be printed in the order they were generated. Only if this option is not selected, the output requests are processed in parallel and load problems are thereby solved."

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I continue with the same problem...

One person use LOCL and another LOCAL... so, LOCAL can not start to print until finish LOCL; is this normal?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I continue with the same problem...

One person use LOCL and another LOCAL... so, LOCAL can not start to print until finish LOCL; is this normal?

I check the the option sequentially and is unchecked.

Regards,

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

Please let us know about your printing  environment ( Print server, spool server and printer setup,spool work process already you told are 4).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have:

- 1 printer LOCL of type SWIN

- 1 printer LOCAL of type SWIN

- 4 process of spool

My problem is:

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What access method you use for printing?

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand... what is the access method?

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can find it using transaction code SPAD then choose your printer. See as in the picture here :

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOCAL is G

LOCL is F

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

Please find the access method for local printer.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/26/ceea3b31aac554e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

For what? I do not understand... My question is simple:

I have:

- 1 printer LOCL of type SWIN

- 1 printer LOCAL of type SWIN

- 4 process of spool

My problem is:

One person use LOCL and another LOCAL... so, LOCAL can not start to print until finish LOCL; is this normal? yes or no

If no, what could be the problem?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check also parameter 'rdisp/wp_no_spo_Fro_max' (the default is 1) and increase it if needed. After that try again.

Regards,

Roman