cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is DAA mandatory in Satellite system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello :

We are planning to install Solman 7.1 for one of our customer which has only SAP ECC ABAP stack and currently I don't see any Daignostic agent installed on satellite system. Customer requirements are

1) Configure Mopz

2) Configure EWA

My question is do we still need to install DAA on satellite system for the above requirement as I know DAA is used to perform E2E .

Thanks in advance!!

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Dianostic agent gets installed automatically with all the new installations. Earlier diagnostic agents need to installed sperately on each satalite system in order to provide data to solution manager. Seems this is the exact scenario in your case.

After fresh installation of solution manager you first need to run the transaction solman_setup. This will perform all the required steps to configure your solution manager.

In order to configure MOPz, you just need to add your satelite system to the SLD using transaction RZ70. Now in next step to make that system available to your solution manager, you need to run the smsy_setup job. This will referesh your SMSY and your satelite system would be available in SMSY of your solution manager.

For EWA you need to activate the SDCCN.

So it is always recommanded to complete the execute of solman_setup wizard but in your case you can postponed the installation of diagnostic agents. It wont interrupt your implementation.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

While you don't technically NEED diagnostic agent for an ABAP only stack, the EWA for ERP 6 ECC Server suggests installing a diagnostic agent for change reporting.

What kernel is ERP 6 systems using? 700?

The EWA will suggest upgrading kernel to 720...

If you run 720 kernel (on ERP), you lose saposcol.  You need to install saphostagent.

The EWA also suggests switching from 700 saposcol to saphostagent saposcol.

Installing a current diagnostic agent fron say a 730 installation master is an easy way to get saphostagent installed...

I run diagnostic agent on ERP ABAP only, but not on SRM ABAP only.

Ken

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravinandan,

Diagnostic agents are installed by default in new installation, but where as in your case you already have ECC ABAP server, which I dont think has diag agent installed. In order to satisfy your customer requirements of configuring  1) Configure Mopz  2) Configure EWA, you dont have to install Diagnostic agent on your ECC system.

However to configure MOPZ and EWA you will have to successfully complete Solman_setup Basic setting, which includes some mandatory steps for EWA and MOPZ functionalities.

Hope this answers your question.

Good Luck!

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

SAP recommends to install diagnostic agent in all the managed systems though it is not required at this point for you. For all systems newly installed based on Web AS 7.0 SR3 or higher, the Diagnostics agent is automatically installed and waits until the Managed Setup Wizard of SAP Solution Manager activates.

Thanks & regards
bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks Bala for your response. To my understanding MOPZ functionality works through SLD/LMDB and EWA works throught SDCCN . Is my understanding correct?

So please confirm not having DAA will not interrupt our implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ravi, not having DAA will not interrupt your implementation.