Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Validation Queries

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want a few basic expression examples in MDM including the validations on look up flat table record, tuple record, qualified record.

And I want to know whats the difference between using the [record] and field name in the validations.

I want example expressions accessing the [record] and field of a qualified look up table and the difference between that.

Thanks,

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

Please find helpful documents/links for reference -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/102dc4e5-07c9-2910-93b3-f49c8ed52...

Helpful thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/985722

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

Can you please let me know your requirement so that i could think on those lines.

In general if you are using Field Name.[record](for example Country.[record]) in the expression, then it will return some numeric values in below format:

1:109,4294967294;

Not sure if it is being taken from some data base table or something but your comparisons and all will not be done using actual value(value may be "India" in Country field) but using this numeric value.

If you use Field Name.Field Name in Lookup table(for example Country.Country Name) then it would return actual value only i.e. "India". So all comparisons or something will be done based upon value "India".

Now expression could be:

IF(Country.Country Code=Country.Country Code,Country.Description)

This expression will take value of Country Code stored in main table(1st Country.Country Code) and will compare with every value of Country code stored in Lookup table(2nd Country.Country Code). Whenever both codes match, it will return corresponding Description of the Country Code stored.

This would be same in case of Lookup fields used anywhere. either in Qualified table, Tuples, or Main Table fields. I hope this clarifies your doubts. Kindly let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

It seems to me to be the upper limit of an array or max size of array,which I think refers to position of data in memory.

4294967294 is 2 ^ 32 - 2

Thanks for sharing.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes this should be the total size only and second value 109 would be the record ID of the value stored in Lookup table. For example, if this value is coming for IN country code in Country lookup table. Then 109 is the record ID in the data base table for corresponding MDM lookup table Country.

In reference guide also it is mentioned as below:

The [Record] virtual field contains only record IDs and can be used to verify the presence and quantity of records in the selected context. It does not contain the values of fields inside each record.

This would add to our understanding of the concept. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Yes you are correct,the 2nd term is the record id.

The first term is the record count or line items.

I did a test,created a multivalued lookup and got this 2:2,4294967294;1,4294967294;

It seems to be like serial number as increase in number of items in the lookup the 1st term increases.

Seems we could crack it

Cheers

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we have cracked it.