Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 System Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are live with EDI/AS2 system which is integrated with SAP PI 7.0

Everything was ok until some of our customers reported AS2 issues with our system. Please find below AS2 issues that our customers are facing.

" The application did not receive a requested receipt (MDN) from a trading partner within the specified time-limit."

"500 Timeout error"

I check into Seeburger Workbench at our end and could find any EDI signal failure. Can anybody let me know what is the rootcause or what needs to be done at our end?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul Faisal,

are you getting the issues while sending messages to AS2 partners or while receiving messages from AS2 partners?

if you can able to send the messages but not receving messages from third partner then this is PI config issue.

what seeburger version you are using? 1.7 or 1.8?

if it is 1.8 then you have to configure the mdn report channel

Cheers,

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. We are getting the issues while recieiving the signals from Partners. I belief somewhere the firewall at our end is stopping the messages, but I'm not sure about it.

We are using Seeburger 1.7 Version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how your third partners are sending messages to your PI AS2 server.

is there any reverse proxy configured in your environment ?

1) are they sending to Public URL, the system would query public DNS servers to resolve the URL to IP address. in this case your just need to add your third partner IP in your friewall

2) if the thirdpartners are sending the messages via URL with IP then firewall team should recognize the the third partner with IP and pointinng to correct PI AS2 server host

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the partners are sending data via a Public URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, in that case , you have to follow the below steps

step 1:- ask your partner to send message and check with their firewall team whether the messages successfully sent to your system or not?

Step 2:- your firewall team has to confirm the arrival of the message by seeing the traffic via the third parnter IP and with the help of Public URL

Step 3:- if the above step is successful then , we have to check whether firewall team is sending message is the correct PI address http://your PI system IP/SeeburgerAS2/AS2Server

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Thanks for the help . I'll check and update you.

Regards

Faisal

Answers (0)