cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS quantity and values planning and reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the client I work on has a 3 level investment wbs structure and has the requirement to plan costs (both values and quantities) and report plan/actual (both values and quantities) at the last level of the wbs.

My idea is the following:

1) Plan on last level of wbs using Easy Cost Planning, with both quantity and values --> can i see values and quantity after planning at wbs level? which is the report?

2) I can use the planning values in order to insert the budget on wbs (this allows availability check on P.O.)

3) Take actual values after Good Receipt is posted (with last level wbs as account assignment. No materials are created into MARA table) --> is it possible to see actual values and quantity on wbs through standard reports? Or should i use G.R. tables?

4) Create a report with which i can check plan/actual quantities and values --> is there a standard way to do it or is it a custom report?

What do u think about? Is it ok or should I do something different?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Which table holds the Plan Cost line items   like COEP holds the Actual Costs line items.

appreciate your response,

thanks,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look in COSS and COSP, value type 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Ken, appreciate your time.

Do you have an example of OBJNR in COSS or COSP tabel for plan data....When I  Look in PRPS table all OBJNR are PR* for my Project#.

but I cannot find plan cost in COSS / COSP based on that OBJNR.....

In GR55 I see the NWA type as shown below for plan cost, i am not sure what OBJNR would be for this :-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will see the plan and actual costs by selecting value type 1 (plan) & 4 (actual) against object numbers in table COSS (Internal postings)/COSP (External postings) or you can also see in RPSCO.

As you said object numbers for project system objects starting with letter "PRXXXXX" for WBS and PDXXXXX for project definition.

In your case you need to see at the WBS level so input the object number which starts with PRXXXXX.

As Gokul pointed out you can see there are other several standard reports available instead of GR55.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The plan costs you are showing in the screenshot are against the Network Activity.  NWA object numbers start with NV. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken and Sudhakar. appreciate.

Ken you are correct these are Netwrok Activity type. I do see some NV* OBJNR in COSS table , one issue I have is:-

I dont see NV* OBJNR in my starting table for Projects PRPS/PROJ, so how do I get  NV* OBJNR  which i can match in COSS table entry.....

thanks,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link tables for Network Header Table AUFK and Network Activity Table AFVC through field AUFPL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thakns a lot Ken, Merry Christmas !!

When i entered the 4092780 in AFVC~AUFPL, I am not getting any entries..pls see screen shot:-

Former Member
0 Kudos

AUFPL is the field to link the 2 tables.  It is not the Network number.  You need to run SE16N for both these tables to familiarize yourself with the field contents.  AUFNR is the network number.  you need to find AUFPL in AUFK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken, I checked and it seems you meant to use table AFKO rather than AUFK. There is no field in AUFK table called AUFPL.... But i was able to  join AFKO~AUFPL with AFVC~AUFPL, get OBJNR and use in COSS/COSP.

thanks for all the help Ken !  Wish you Happy New Year !!

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I get those 2 header tables mixed up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

I'm exactly in the same scenario. I need to know the actual costs for WBS and Investment Program positions. Can you explain me how did you get to COSP table from the project tables, please?

Getting the budget is also part of the issue I'm working on.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Abel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

I amgetting Actual Cost from COEP table by joining  PRPS~OBJNR with COEP~OBJNR where PRPS gives WBS info and COEP will give you Actual cost for Period and Year.

to get Plan cost I went to COSP/COSS tables  , basically join PRPS to AFVC by WBS# and then join AFVC to COSP/COSS by ONJNR to get PLAN COST  .

take care,

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Surendra, I couldn't finish this task without your help.

Take care,

Abel

Former Member
0 Kudos

most welcome Abel, I am glad it worked for you.

thanks

surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies!

My doubt is: after planning wbs with Easy Cost Palnning (both quantities and values) and after done the Good Receipt on the same wbs, can I see - through standard reports - both quantities and values planned and actual over the wbs? Or on the wbs can I see (through the reports u mentioned) only the values (price x quantity = value)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caforio,

Yes, it is possible to view both quantities and values in line item report.

After you execute report in GR55 with report group Z6P1, follow steps mentioned below.

1. Click on cost element

2. Then click on icon  "Call up report (F7)"

3. Subsequently you will be able to execute line item wise report for Plan Cost / Actual cost.

4. In this report you can change layout and import Quantity option in the report to view quantities.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also make sure you have 'Record Quantity' checkbox flagged in cost element if you want to see the quantity in any report painter report.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caforio,

Everything you have asked can be satisfied in the standard system itself. There is no need to develop a custom report to satisfy this requirement.

There are  a lot of standard reports available in the system, under Information Systems in the Project System node. Just to get you started, refer report S_ALR_87013531 for plan values and actual values. You can also refer report CJI3 that shows the actual postings done for a project. You can alter the layout of CJI3 report to suit your needs. There are structure reports, viz., CN41 and CN41N. You can change layouts in these reports as well to suit your requirement.

Likewise there are many other reports that cater to your requirement. Just explore and you will get it.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes, this is possible to view in standard report.

Please go to following menu ( or go to Transaction GR55).

1. Project System -> Information System -> Financials -> Execute Report -> Cost element report

2. Enter report group as Z6P1 and then execute.

3. Enter Project / WBS element in the report and execute ...

You will observe Actual values as compared to Plan for different cost element.

For budget related updates, you can see standard report as mentioned below.

S_ALR_87013560 - Budget updates

S_ALR_87013557 - Budget/Actual/Variance

S_ALR_87013558 - Budget/Actual/Commitment/Rem Plan/Assigned

Regards

Tushar