cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during installation of SCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problems in installing an SCS as an Java Addin. The first installation didn't succed, because I forgot to set the virtual hostname. I made some changes manually, but it got more worst. So I decided to uninstall this SCS and as far as the problem occured in the third step, also the databascheme with the uninstall-routine provied with the upgrade CD (Solution manager 4.0). It finished succesfully and it seemed that every entry was deleted (the SCS directory was gone, the SCS-profiles where gone).

But now the new installation stops, because it says, that the old SCS instance is still exisiting. I found some entries in the DEFAULT.PFL which belonged to J2EE and I deleted them, too (with system restart). I also moved the SDM directory in the DVEBMGSxx directory.

The OS I'm working on is Linux x86_64. Has anyone an idee where the entry still exists, that there has been an SCS instance before?

Regards

Ulrike Tubbesing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike

You have to delete the entries of old SCS completely.

Inside /sapdb/data there are folders like work,program etc remove the entry of SCS user.

Inside the home folder also remove the entry of old SCS user.

As if now i remember these locations.Will let you know if there are any other locations where there can be entry of old SCS.

Reward points if useful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem resulted in installing with the "physical" name und renaming all files with the logical name and then uninstalling with the logical name. I "restored" the important files and renamed it to the physical name and then uninstalled the Instance with the physical name. After that the problem was solved.

Regards

Ulrike Tubesing