Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_DEVELOP proposed in SEARCH_SAP_MENU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I was hoping someone could tell me why the object S_DEVELOP is set as a proposal in transactions SEARCH_SAP_MENU & SEARCH_USER_MENU? Or has this been change in SU24 by our previous consultant?

Compiling some analysis on how many users in our PRD system has access to object S_DEVELOP I was amazed when I found all end users had access through a generalised end user role profile. The activity is restricted to display only (03) but this is still dangerous as there are ways around this I beleive such as debugging (/h) in a live system

I aim to remove this proposal from the transaction and re-generate the role profile in question but could anyone suggest if this is the wrong way to approach this as usually I wouldn't touch SU24? Is there any other knock affects I should consider in removing this proposal from these transactions?

ECC 6.0

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess someone changed the proposals as you suspected. I checked on my system and only the S_TCODE AO is included in role when I add these tcodes.

4 REPLIES 4

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess someone changed the proposals as you suspected. I checked on my system and only the S_TCODE AO is included in role when I add these tcodes.

0 Kudos

Thanks Huseyin, I did wonder why such an object would even be needed for these transactions. I will go ahead with my changes

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel Kurmis wrote:

I aim to remove this proposal from the transaction and re-generate the role profile in question but could anyone suggest if this is the wrong way to approach this as usually I wouldn't touch SU24? Is there any other knock affects I should consider in removing this proposal from these transactions?

Hi Daniel,

Why wouldn't you normally touch SU24? If used correctly it is a great friend, not an enemy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reported this and the SESSION_MANAGER a few years ago -->  https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1501618

That you still have it in your system means that you are not running the SU25 upgrade steps, or, your SP levels are very out of date...

Cheers,

Julius