cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Check - Soft Allocation of Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure the following scenario in SAP SD.

1) System should provide the ability to create future sales order and would not want the stock to get allocated immediately. They want the system to put an hold and release the stock 5 days before the actual order date.

2) System should have the capability to allow sales order created for product with quantity 100, where as release 10 products on a monthly basis. The quantity to be released on a monthly basis will vary based on each customer, but the requirement is for the system to allow this process.

This is our current process flow within SAP. Sales order gets created in CRM-> ATP check happens in ECC via CRM by making a RFC call--> i would like to know how can we achieve the above requirements with configuration? or we need to enhance the standard to bring a solution?

Please respond.

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know of functionality similar to your requirements in the IS-AFS called "ARUN" (for allocation run) as I was involved in the beta testing for that. You don't happen to be in that environment do you?

Alternatively, you could configure a delivery block that blocked confirmation but was then removed in a scheduled background job X days before requested delivery date.

You could then potentially use that same delivery block/removal scenario in either a quantity contract, a scheduling agreement, or a sales order (with different delivery dates at either the line or schedule line level) to create the monthly delivery that you require.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

I am not the same Arun. Thanks for the response, let me try and see how system responds.

Thanks

Arun

mathieu_chenot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In that case I can not give you more details as I don't know CRM in details. However this kind of need is not in a sales order and you could probably customize the document type in CRM.

Have you access to CRM consulting ?

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu

Anyways thanks for your responses.

Thanks

Arun

mathieu_chenot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

I am not sure to understand correctly but here is an idea :

For 2) you can work with delivery schedule. (VA33)

For 1) you can work with quantity contract . Quantity should be promised for this contract between validity dates. End validity date should release the quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu

Thanks for responding!

Here is the actual description of the requirements.

1) The system will provide the ability to restrict allocation of inventory for future orders. For future orders beyond 30 days, inventory allocation should take place 5 days before the customer's requested delivery date.

2) The system will provide the ability to support blanket orders with no reservation(MSG). Should show on planning screen but on different dates. E.G Ship 1200 units to a customer over a period of one year, 100 each month.

As i explained before the process flow starts in CRM-->Sales order creation, ATP check happens in ECC from CRM through a Remote function call, at this junction we have to make the requirement work, updates should come back to CRM which should show in Schedule Lines of the products.

Please let me know if this can be configured.

Thanks

Arun C J

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is my thought,

1) The system will provide the ability to restrict allocation of inventory for future orders. For future orders beyond 30 days, inventory allocation should take place 5 days before the customer's requested delivery date.

- Crate a delivery block in the ERP system, which can unconfirm the quantity at sales order schedule line level. Path SPRO-> Logistics execution ->shipping ->deliveries ->define reasons for blocking in shipping. Here for the delivery block, check the box confirmation. Then in the next step, assign the delivery block to delivery type.

Assign the delivery block to the sales order in t.code VOV8. By this way, when the sales order is created, the delivery block (which unconfirms the quantity) is automatically populated.

Create an ABAP program (BDC program), which can check the delivery dates of open sales orders and release the delivery block, so that the quantities get allocated (confirmation at schedule line level). You can schedule the job to run in the background everyday.

2) The system will provide the ability to support blanket orders with no reservation(MSG). Should show on planning screen but on different dates. E.G Ship 1200 units to a customer over a period of one year, 100 each month.

- You can try with scheduling agreements functionality. This will carry the delivery quantities and delivery dates in it. Against these schedule lines, the delivery can be created.

This is high level process, which you can further fine tune in the system based on the process requirements.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram,

Thanks for the response!

I will try this approach and update if it helps to satisfy the requirements.

Thanks

Arun C J