cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the standard DCN notification message "New items available" in HWC ipad application?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

When ever a new data is created in the SAP system I am getting a message in the device as  "New items available".

I have multiple applications in the HWC. So bu seeing this message the user can't identify in which application the new data is created.

So I need to customize the message. If a new data is created in Purchase order app I want a message similar to "New PO is created" and for Purchase requisition the message should be "New PR is created".

Please help me do it in an Ios device.

The attachment contains the screen shots.

Thanks,

Midhun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can do in the SCC at the application connection or template properties for your device. You can change it to any other text generically.

Regards,

Nipun

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Nupin,

I have 2 apps inside the container. Let's say PO and PR.

If a new PO is created in the SAP I want the message to show  "New PO is created" and when a new PR is created I want to show "New PR is created " instead of "New items available".

Please give me a solution for this.

Regards

Midhun

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If these are 2 seperate applications then can have their seperate templates and you could set the different text respectively. But all application connections for that template will recieve the same text.

Regards,

Nipun

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nupin,

I tried with the application connection properties , It is working but for templates when I am changing the message it is not come into effect.

My requirement is One message for one application not one message for one user.

Can you give a solution for this.

Regards

Midhun

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

One application one message can be acheived by setting the same on the application connection template for that application.

These change will reflect in all user/devices which are registered after the change.

For already registered users you would have to change it explicitly in the application connnections -> properties.

So change the template and then register the application user, he will get the changes.

Regards,

Nipun

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nupin,

As you said I re registered the user. I have a doubt here that is I used to register the user in default package (Not in the package name that is present in the templates) for Ipad.

And from the Workflow option in the SCC i assigned the application to the user.

In this case the notification is "New items available".

When I create a user by selecting the exact package the notification in the properties of the user is showing the customised message that I given in the template "New PO created".

But the Ipad is throwing the error "Authentication failed " when I select the package during registering the User. But with the default package there is no problem in authentication.

How to solve the issue in authentication?

If when we are registering the user with exact package how multiples packages are assigned to single user?

ScreenHunter_60 Oct. 29 17.48.jpg

Thanks

Midhun

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check the security configuration attached the template. Is it the same as used at time of registering the user.

Regards,

Nipun

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nupin,

It's not same . I implemented SSO for my application so the security configuration that I created is sapsso.

I am deploying the package in the sapsso security configuration but the user is creating in admin security by selecting the package as default.

I tried registering the user in the sapsso security domain but the when I am doing that from the Ipad the device is not coming online.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Midhun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Midhun,

You can do that when you create an new application ID in SCC.

In Application creation wizard , choose "configure additional setting" in the next screen change the property Alert Message as you wanted .

By doing here it would be application specific

Thanks,

Doak Regis