Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification to approvers when RFx approved

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are using SRM 7.01 with backend ECC 6.05 with classic scenario deployed and using RFx. When the RFx is published, it is subject for approval. As we understand, once the RFx is published then email should be sent to related vendor. I see that we can use output technique which can be triggered by program RSPPFPROCESS. However when the message is output, we see that the printout version will be sent as pdf in attachment.

My question is, can we the have the message sent without the attachment? The problem is that we satisfied enough with the content of the email, and dont want to complicate our development effort to fix the smartforms (which if the attachment is sent, it will be ridiculous to have RFx with SAP logo sent to external vendor).

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can simply try with deleting the smartform attachment for email output type in the below menu path.

IMG: SRM Server > Cross-Application Basic Settings >  Set Output Actions and Output Format for bid invitation.

It will not send the mail attachment. But mail content/body will be same as that was there before.

With Regards,

Malay

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

I have tried your approach, and the result is i'm getting error while sending the output, as the program tries to find smartform name.

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Implement the badi BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF and in the change_forms method pass space to the cv_smartform and this will remove the attachment from the mail.

If you want to pass your Zsmartform then you can do so by passing it to cv_smartform_mail.

Regards,

Naveen

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

sap 2605 wrote:

(...)

My question is, can we the have the message sent without the attachment?

(...)

Two solutions:

- enhance CL_PD_BID_PROCESSING_BBP class to create your own method where you will not manage Bid Invitation smartform,

- try if you can, using BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF BAdI definition, to delete changing parameter value CV_SMARTFORM (do not know if side effects could happen during PROCESS_BBP_BID_MAI_BCS standard method execution).

Regards.

Laurent.