Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find unused/unassigned roles in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My requirement is to find the single/composite roles, which are not being assigned to any user currently in ECC system.

I tried through SUIM > Role > Roles by Complex selection Criteria > Execute by selecting 'without user assignment' , but it gives all roles irrespective of user assigned to it or not.

Please suggest the correct process to do it.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

10 REPLIES 10

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The report you mentioned is working for me correctly. It only displays the roles without user assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report should work as you have stated, ensure you have selected single/composite role above and if you are looking for bespoke roles such as Z*/Y* insert this in the role field to reduce the search criteria

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have checked and what scenario you mentioned is working for me correctly.Then where  you are facing the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

You are follwoing the correct process and it should work. Please try again may be you did not select the radio button 'Without user assignment". Also you need to put Z* in role tab so that it will give you all customised Z roles without user assignment.I hope you may not need SAP standard roles. Please ensre all other tabs are blank and try it again, it should work.

Thanks,

Varun Jain

0 Kudos

I tried the above process but i noticed that report is giving me the results with and without assignment ,

0 Kudos

Hello,

I also have run as mentioned in the attached screen shot, but it is generating output irrespective of user assignments.

Please suggest if any necessary action needs to be carried out.

Regards,

Nilutpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilutpal,

If for some reason the option in SUIM is not working , you still can get this data by comparing (XLS FILE) the list of all roles in the system- (AGR_AGRS TABLE) to the  active roles in the agr_agrs table - wich shows the user assignment to roles.

0 Kudos

This is the approach I always take and feel more comfortable with.

0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

unfortunately, I am not seeing any indication for the active roles in this table AGR_AGRS so how will I compare the data.

Thanks,

Varun Jain

0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You should see the activeness of the roles not in AGR_AGRS table, but in the AGR_USERS - in the "end date" column.

The AGR_AGRS table is used only to pull all the roles you have in system, you can also do that in SUIM or PFCG - whatever you fell more comfortable with.

Regards,

Julia.