cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Setup State

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we would like to generate a report about the historical resource setup states (RESRCE.SETUP_STATE). The RESRCE table holds only the actual state but no history. I would expect the historical data in RESOURCE_SETUP, but the STATE is NULL for all entries. Is this a bug or can it be configured somewhere?

Also, an INSERT into RESOURCE_SETUP only occurs, when the resource is set up for a shop order or material or tool. If one merely changes the setup state (eg. from Setting UP (T) to Setup (S)) there is no entry made? Is that a correct behavior?

I hope for good answers...

regards,

Georg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Georg,

RESOURCE_SETUP.STATE corresponds to the state of Config Slot associated with the resource. At least then I see this field populated.

I guess that Resource Status is deemed as more important for tracking the actual production while Setup State is important at preparation phase only. The history of former one is tracked in RESOURCE_TIME_LOG. However, that's not the case of Setup State. It looks as if such feature was not considered by the design. And I have not heard from customers about such need for last 7 years.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

you answered my question. Thanks.

I will consider taking the Resource Status for our purposes.

regards,

Georg

Answers (0)