cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know support pack level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How to know support pack level in SAP system ?

We have SAP ECC 6. We are at SP14. But from where I can get this information.

Because in SPAM or SM51 this information is not available.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Why can't you get this infro from SPAM. In SPAM click the Patch Levels button and there you'll see the Support package info forr installed components.

Alternatively, you can select the System > Status > Component Information button under SAP System Data area. (See below)

Our NetWeaver is SPS10 and ERP is SPS6 installed on our system for example

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Support Packs Stack Levels are not always directly linked to a particular component level.

Regards, Juan

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

My approach is comaing from info I got from SAP. Let me explain:

- In https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003663942003 page (SAP Support Package Stacks) it shows a table where the Business Suite SP Stacks and the leading component it is related to.

SAP Business Suite SP Stacksleading component
SAP ERP 6.0 (SAP ERP 2005)SAPKH600xx
SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP ERP 6.0
SAP enhancement package 2 (and higher) for SAP ERP 6.0
SAP CRM 2005SAPKU500xx
SAP CRM 2007SAPKU600xx
SAP CRM 7.0SAPKU700xx
SAP NetWeaver 7.0SAPKB700xx
SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1
SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

So, the SP STack for ERP can be figured out by checking the SAPKHxxxx SP Level. If the SP STack is generated from MOPZ, then checking these components imust be enough to figure out the SP Stack level. Am I right?

The only exception to this is, it the SP Stack is not generated by MOPZ then this arroach is not reliable.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You got a good point there... thats a pretty clear chart.

Regards, Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Did you get your answer from our posts?

THen please mark this post as answered to make it disappear from unanswered discussions list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Want to know what SAP SPS that match your system? I know that is common that you can see for example SAP ERP 6.0 and each component sp level from the system it self. But the system does not tell you what SPS you have (not that I know of anyway). So, one way to match this is do follwing:

Support Package stack (SPS) in detail – how to see what sp leveles component has in each SPS.

1. Surf to http://service.sap.com/swdc
  2. Navigate to “Support Package and Patches -->  SAP Support Package Stacks --> SP Stack maintenance schedule
  3. On the right side you will see “SAP SUPPORT PACKAGE STACK SCHEDULE”, simply click on any product under the column “SP Stack / Calender week”. For example, SAP ERP 6.0.
  4. New window will open and you can find info on SP level in detail by choosing wanted SPS. Either you choose from drop down list “Start SP Stack” or “Target SP Stack”.
  5. To see the content of SPS,  click on “Show Stack Content”.
  6. A new window will open in Internet explorer, loading all content info for the SPS you choosed. OBS! This window can take a minute to load.
  7. In the new window that opened, you shall now see exact level for each component that match selected SAP Support Package Stack.

Cheers

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav, Follow Huseyin Bilgen steps, that the right way to find the information related to Support pack.

Guru

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean the Stack Level.... Well the easiest way is to check MOPZ in Solman to see what was the last selected/updated Stack.

As the Stack Level is a collection of Support Packs you won't get the answer directly on SPAM/SAINT... you can check the stack info in SAP Marketplace and compare it to your system current level.

Regards, Juan