Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security features for Mobile devices/Apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The following is my requirement :

Step 1) I want to develop the mobile apps which are digitally signed from a trusted authority.

Step 2) The mobile device should not allow the installation of the mobile apps from any third party vendors. It should allow the installation from the concerned

trusted authority only.

Please suggest the best possible solutions :

Thanks,

Mano .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think got the answer to a bit.........

Please correct me if i am wrong

Step 1) I will register my company with third party organization(Ex verizon, tcs etc) by which i will

get a digital certificate(.pfx file)

Step 2) From the Digital Certificate(.pfx file) i will extract the Public key(.cer file)

Step 3) I will upload the Digital certificate(.pfx file) into the required mobile devices and tabs.

Step 4) I will develop the Mobile App (.apk file for Android devices) which will be digitally signed

using the public key(.cer file) of my company.

Step 5)  While installation of the Mobile App(.apk file) it will check the authentication with the

Mobile device and allow the installation of the App if the certificate is validated

sucessfully.

Please confirm if the above approach can be followed..........

Thanks

mano

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Confused.

on your question 1) applications developed for app stores are protected always in different ways as provided by the platform vendors.

2) THis can be achieved using a MDM solution - Afaria. You can have policies on a mobile device which govern the app install behavior.

I am not sure about the steps you mentioned.

Regards,

Nipun

former_member206242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Applications are signed with trusted profile before upload to app store. The trusted authority can be the Dev profile of your organization.

If you are taking about authentication using trusted authority like a CA then you can use X509 certificates for user authentication through SUP

Thirdly using Afaria MDM one can set all kind of security policies for the devices where by many of the things as you asked can be allowed or disallowed.

Regards,

Nipun