Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU21 change not visible in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Some time ago, I created a custom authorisation object. Now, I want to add an aditional value to ACTVT.

I did this with SU21. But when I add this custom object to my role in PFCG, the new value does not show.

Does anybody know what went wrong?

Much apprectiated!

Regards, Luisella.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea what just happend. ACTVT value just popped up in pfcg. Only 24 hrs after the change was made in SU21.  So, still no clue on what the issue was, but it is solved! Thanks all for suggestion! 

Regards, Luisella.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luisella,

In which class you have create object ?

After creating the object in which t. code you have assigned that object (t. SU24) ?

Regards

Ganesh Datt Tiwari

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Class is WF. I currently have not assigned it to any tcode. We use it to protect a workflow-form.

We have several of those: you need this particular object to be able to start certain requests via workflow. Works like a charm, usualy 🙂

Regards, Luisella.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank for your support. Unfortunately, I did not find an answer in these links. My problem is that I do not see my see my changes in SU21 reflected in PFCG selection options for the maintained custom object. Any other idea's still very much aprreciated.

Regards, Luisella.

0 Kudos

Hi L.Ten,

Please go through this link and ensure you ahve folloed the correct steps to add the changes in Su21.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-17023

Thanks,

Varun jain

0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

A very nice article and also well known to me. I have used this on many occasions.

But here's the thing. I did al this some time ago and all was functioning well. Now I wanted to add an additonal value to ACTVT to my custom object. So I went back into SU21, added the relevant value and pressed save. My value is saved in SU21, but it just won't show up in PFCG. I even created a test role from scratch and added this custom object to this role. Still no luck. I can't figure out why...

Regards, Luisella.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luisella,

I don't know what the cause of this is but I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Were you prompted to save the change in a transport request after you had updated the activities?

2. Have you checked table TACTZ to see if the new activity value has been updated there?

0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Thanks for you reply.

I was prompted to save the object as soon as I opened it. I was not prompted again after the actual save. I do have a dev key.

I checked table TACTZ and I see the added activity there. Are there any other tables I should check?

Regards, Luisella.

0 Kudos

Hi Luisella,

This is only a suggestion, but have you released the request?

Personally I've found custom auth objects a complete pain to edit once they have been created initially, so I'm not at all sure what your problem is here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea what just happend. ACTVT value just popped up in pfcg. Only 24 hrs after the change was made in SU21.  So, still no clue on what the issue was, but it is solved! Thanks all for suggestion! 

Regards, Luisella.

0 Kudos

Congrates L. Ten, finally it is resolved.

0 Kudos

There is a hint at what can cause this here --> http://scn.sap.com/message/10567002#10567002

Table TOBJ is buffered --> SU21 updates the DB table --> PFCG only reads the table buffer.

In the night (probably earlier already) the buffers were synch'ed. This is also one of the reasons why developers regularly go for pub lunches between developing the DDIC model and the business application layer ...  😉

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks! I'll have a nice lunch with my colleagues more often 🙂