cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maps in SAP TM 8.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a problem connected with maps. I have SAP TM 8.1 and SAP Visual Business 8.1. Firstly Transportation Cockpit crashed when Visual Business was installed, but SAP worked on it and fix it - there will be a new note in this issue. Now Transportation cockpit is working but instead of map I see only some cross and location. Does anyone of you occurred such problem?

Best wishes

Iwona Fiedorowicz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the screenshot indicates, that the VB 1.1 frontend component is installed correctly. The grid furthermore indicates, that the required external content (the map) can not be loaded from the external services. There are multiple sources for this error:

- The external service for VB 1.1 is not configured correctly -> Check the VB customizing (CSS component CA-GTF-VBZ)

- Your network does not allow external calls -> Check with your admin

- The external service does not answer or is not available -> Check with your GIS vendor

Note that SAP TM does not come with a GIS vendor license included.

In general it is a good idea to open a ticket for such issues as SCN is not CSS.

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus

Thanks for your reply. I will keep trying to run it.

I will let you know about results.

Best wishes

Iwona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus

I followed your instructions and I checked if system allows external calls and now the test is positive - SM59  I can reach an external address but unfortunately maps are still not working.

Could you please send me a detailed information about configuration of external service for VB 1.1.? Which settings you are you thinking about?

As about your third suggestion I have heard that maps worked some time ago so I assume that this is the less possible situation.

Thanks for your help

Best wishes

Iwona

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the only required SAP Visual Business configuration can be found in TM SPRO / IMG under Cross-Application Components->Processes and Tools For Enterprise Applications->Visual Business. There you can enter proxy settings for each of the geo-map applications and assign map products to VB applications. In this activity you must enter the authentication to your selected GIS vendor product Did you align with NOKIA / NAVTEQ?

In case this does not help: Open a ticket on component CA-GTF-VBZ, so the experts can check directly.

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus

I checked the settings you mentioned and I see that the URL is quite different:

http://www.maptiles-maptp47.com/map24/webservices1.5?cgi=Map24MGI

but when I entered your address it doesn't work either.

As about token I got information that this is necessary only in production systems, this one is only for a demo purposes so it should work.

We have a ticket already opened so for this moment I will wait for results. In case of problem I will contact you.

Thanks for your help

Iwona

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We always need a token in any system. And definitely for the URL you have taken over it is required.

Answers (0)