SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU water register

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have worked in Electricity, i am new for water utilities.

Could you tell me about water registers that is used in water meter.

Please tell some new thing or any difference about water utilities.

Regards.

Priya

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Compared to Electricity, the water scenario is quiet simple.

generally there is only one register for water that is used for measuring the consumption.

In some countries like in NL, the consumption of water( MR) same is used to charge the BP for wastgae charges.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

In water utilities, do we use main or sub meter (Primary and secondary meter)? and what is the measurement register that we use?

Regards.

Priya

0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

Generally only single meter is used, as the meter is connected to the main inlet of a premise from where the water runs through all tap points.

The measurement register is the simple one who measures the water consumption in liters.

In some countries it is required to have warm water in winter season, for this- may be a seperate meter is used, or the charge of warm water is billed to BP via Operands/FACTS, the charge would be client specific decision may be additional fix amount for that particular season or % of normal water consumption- it's a utility company decision.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending upon the business scenario and type of customers register relationship can also be maintained for the water meters. measurement registers are those registers which measure the volume (Liters or Gallons) of the water flows through the meter.

Regards

Girish Bahuguna