Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Cannot connect to the OLAP source"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exact error messages encountered

Error: "Cannot connect to the OLAP source"

Based on the SAP documentation (SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Release Notes), it appears the error will disappear if user log into the document at least once or have SSO enabled between BOBJ and SAP BW.

------------------------

Issue with reports based on OLAP data
• Via the app on device, when a user refreshes a Web Intelligence document (based on OLAP data
sources) that is not created or refreshed on the BI platform by himself/herself; the following error
may be encountered: “Cannot connect to the OLAP source”.
To overcome this issue, the same user should login to the BI platform server and refresh the document
at least once.
Note:
1. In the above context, "user" indicates an administrator or report designer.
2. This issue can be resolved if Single Sign On (SSO) is enabled for the SAP BusinessObjects BI
platform and the SAP Business Warehouse.

------------------------

What I found so far

- SAP Authentication been use to log into LaunchPad   
- User must remain connected to BI LaunchPad) for the error to disappear from their iPad. As soon as user log off from LaunchPad, error will re-appear
- Enabled SSO between BOBJ and SAP BW (via CMC - OLAP Connection - BICS related connection). If we change it to Pre-defined, error will disappear.

Question: Do we need to also setup SAP SSO Service via CMC-Authentication-SAP?

*** Please note, WebI report runs fine via LaunchPad with current system. Shouldn't iPad works as normal too why do we need extra changes? ***

Regards,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Have you set up STS with a keystore and certificate as per 1670073 - How -To: Generate keystore and certificate in the process of configuring STS for SAP BI4.0

A quick way to test, if you schedule a webi report using an SSO BICS connection to run in 1 minute's time, then log out and wait a minute so the schedule tries to run while you're not logged in, does the schedule fail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,
Thanks for the update. I am aware of the STS but was more curious why it works via LaunchPad after keystore was removed (due to other WebI issue encountered in the past)

It looks like when I am logged into LaunchPad, it memorise my credential and SSO BICS connection works just fine. As soon as I logged off or run via iPad, it goes through a different process flow and uses the keystore/cert. Hence the reason for Error: "Cannot connect to the OLAP source"

I ran the test suggested (schedule report in 1 min time - after I logged out). It failed as expected.

In summary, it seems like the original keystore/certification was not configure correctly. Recreating the keystore/certification will do the trick.

Thank You.

Ken

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

May you help?

We did an BO update 4.0 -> 4.1 and we are with same problem:

Exact error messages encountered

Error: "Cannot connect to the OLAP source

However, when i checked in our BI system, the certificates are Ok ( installed).

Should  I redo this setup after an update ?

Thanks,

Eddie