cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SLD Registration Mandatory for SMD Agent Installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Solman 7.1 as managing system. We would want to roll out SMD Agents in all the managed systems now and will start with ECC6.

Now we are doing SMDAgent stand alone installation (730, SP02) in the managed systems and the guide says you can do wither SLD Registration / Direct Solman registration / or both.

The question - since we have a running Solman, is SLD registration of the SMD Agent mandatory ? Even if it is not mandatory, do we at all require it to be registered in the SLD later on ? Any added benefits from Solman functionality stand point ?

I am thinking to go with (No SLD Registration and then Direct Solman registration). Let me know your experiences.

Thanks,

Samik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samik,

I just completed SolMan 7.1 implementation, and have also configured SMD agents on all managed systems.

Choose "No SLD registration", since you have your solution manager up and running, this optionis recommneded.

Follow this wiki link for step by step SMD Agent installation. You should be fine.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Installation+of+SMD+Agent

Good Luck! with your SMD installation

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I have seen this wiki, however I was eager to know what additional benefits we can gain by doing Solman registration as well as SLD registration during installation process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use either SLD or direct, with out any of the method you cant connect your SMD agent to solman.

You have running sld, then I suggest you go for SLD registration,since most of the case operational process where SLD has all the product details already updated, it is not good to separate SMD out of that,

and other case for technical perspective

1. It is easy to maintain( Just define the SMD in SLD, later attach to Solman) , no manual script execution ( as of manual registration) .

2. Other benefit like change of version and host details in SLD automatically pushed back to solution manager.

Please check

Thanks

Jansi