cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP issue in Return Delivery to Vendor functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCM Team!

We are using GATP for all our ATP processes. We have ECC 6.0 with SCM 7.0. Our Quality systems were recently copied from production systems and we are doing an UAT for a major quarterly release. In this testing one of the scenarios is to validate the Return Delivery to Vendor functionality for a packaging material we use to package our finished goods. These packaging materials are not in our finished good BOMs and planned separately. After GR processed completely, we are trying to do a return delivery to vendor. This is done using MIGO with return delivery and material document number. When we try to process this return we are getting an error “External Error: Check Instructions Z40 / 01 does not exist for location product PKG92056”.  That means it’s going for ATP check in APO. To correct this we had to make a new entry using SPRO >GATP> General setting > Maintain check instructions for “Z40 / 01” combination. Check instructions are based on Check mode (Z40) + business event (01).

Questions:

1.   What are business event 01, 02 & 03? I know of A for SD order, B for SD delivery but not these.

2.    Configuration in ECC & APO systems is identical in our production and quality systems. In our production system we have Z40 / 03 check instructions configured and not Z40 / 01. And it still works in production system without any issue for this return delivery functionality. How is that possible? Why only in quality system it’s looking for Z40 / 01 instead of Z40 / 03?

3.    How business event 01 and 03 are different and when or at what stage they are triggered? And why it’s not happening in production system and happening only in quality system?

4.    Any other ways of doing return delivery so that business event 01 is triggered instead of 03?

5.    Is CIF integration model for ATP Check required for non-sales materials like packaging materials?

Appreciate your time & Thanks in advance.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

1.   What are business event 01, 02 & 03? I know of A for SD order, B for SD delivery but not these.

Business events correspond to ERP Checking Rules.  These three rules can be assigned to a number of Availability checks in your system, e.g. availability check of a production order, etc etc.  As you note, SAP has 'hard-coded' A and B to sales documents, and the assignment of A to a sales order ATP check; and B to an SD Delivery, cannot be easily changed.

2.    Configuration in ECC & APO systems is identical in our production and quality systems.

A very bold statement, which is obviously not true.  SOME of your config is identical, but not all.

3.    How business event 01 and 03 are different

That depends upon how you have configured them in both ERP and APO

when or at what stage they are triggered?

These are assigned in YOUR system by YOUR company.  One example is in OPJK; where a checking rule can be assigned to a production order availabiltiy check.  They can be triggered in SD, IM, MM, and PP; and for all I know perhaps in other functional modules.

4.    Any other ways of doing return delivery so that business event 01 is triggered instead of 03?

Yes.  Rather than think of all the possibilities that are available, you normally work from the business requirements.  What type of ATP check is required for this process?  Then, configure it so.  In your company, I suspect that your IM or MM functional group has done this research, and then set up the appropriate ATP check accordingly.  You need to consult with them to find out what they did, why they did it, and what you have to do to integrate APO with their configuration.

I suspect that there is a dynamic availability check configured in ERP for your Returns Processing.

Check in OMCP in ERP.

Best Regards,

DB49

Message was edited by: Dogboy 49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Thanks for quick reply.

Business events 01, 02, & 03 are I thought standard like A & B. Are they not? I don't think my company configured them. Any idea on these? What they represent for (like A for SD order, B for SD delivery)?

I have checked OMCP and found the movement type 122 RE Return to vendor is not configured for dynamic availability check. There is no entry exist for movement type 122.

I have checked all DEV, QA, & Production configuration and all are the same. This error only comes in QA system surprisingly. No clue why the business event 01 is determined (sent from ECC) instead of 03 for return delivery ATP check along with the check mode Z40?

Any idea what to check for?

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

These Checking Rules are delivered as standard in SAP ERP.  They can be assigned to ANY ATP check, and do not have a specific event assigned to them (unlike A and B).

I am not inclined to analyze your Return Delivery process configuration, to determine how it has been configured so as to call 01 for one or more ERP ATP checks. Various ATP checks can be done in multiple places. I suggest you approach your local IM and MM functional analysts, and ask them how they have configured your Returns Delivery availability check in ERP. 

If such an analyst is not available, you might want to consider reposting the question in an appropriate forum, such as http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/logistics-mm

Best Regards,

DB49