cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portfolio Authorisations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Portfolio and multiple Bucket hierachy underneath. I have tried to allocate authorisation against the Portfolio to allow other people to see and allocate items against the structure. When I try to allocate people directly to the Portfolio it allows me to select someone but then when I allocate just shows a blank line in Portfolio is this due to a bug or something missing in customisation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gary,

You need to llok for the user, click assign and then save. You should see the user assigned. If you don't see it has to be a bug, there is not settings related to this.

Regards,

Sara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

which authorizations does your user have? I believe this might be due to missing authorizations to display user master data. The other possibility I can think of (but currently cannot verify, since our systems are down due maintenance over the weekend) is that the search help is not customized properly.

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user has access to the SAP_XRPM_User and  SAP_XRPM_Administrator and they have full Admin, Write, Read access so I wouldn't have thought it would be missing authorisations as they have full access.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you check the user in SAP, SU01 transaction? You assign the user ID, but the system shows the first and the last name. Is it possible the user doesn't have fisrt/last name but he is assigned?

Regards,

sara

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I think Sara has made a good suggestion to double check the master data in SU01.

Regarding: XRPM_USER and XRPM_ADMINISTRATOR: I have only taken a very brief look at them just now and have not seen any authority object for user master data in there. I am not sure, if that is a problem, since I do not recall which authorizations are checked in the ACL.

Regarding "full Admin, Write, Read": these authorizations have nothing to do with user master data, but solely with portfolio item access.

Regarding my second thought (answer from 27th): the customizing is SAP Porfolio and Project Management -> Common Functions -> Search -> Define Search Help for Portfolio Management

There should be a record like: USER, /RPM/SHLP_USER, User According to Address Data, BNAME, NAME_TEXTC

Best regards

Thorsten