cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_CR and CIM Content update - Impacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have a PI 7.1 SP7 system running SLD with SAP_CR 7.2.

as part of a SolMan 7.1 upgrade we need to update the SAP_CR and CIM Content to the latest version, however there is a data centre migration project going on....

at the moment we only want to upgrade the PI Dev environment as this will be the Pre-Production SLD for the SolMan system.  we will subsequently upgrade the Production SLD when we install and configure

there are some concerns that if we upgrade SAP_CR and CIM Content, that if we need an emergency transport, the versions could be mis-aligned causing it to fail.

i have looked at OSS Note 669669 and 1540435 but these do not mention impacts in this area.

does anyone have any comments or pointers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

but emergency transport of what ? SLD content ?

if you're talking about PI objects (ERS, ID) they will not be checked againts products/swc versions I believe, only SLD content if you'd like to move (but why would you...)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

the emergency transport would be a Produciton fix of an already live interface.

there are concerns that their could be version issues, although i am not sure that the SAP_CR and CIM content impacts on business and technical systems, and unless someone changes the SWCV linked to these - which is highly unlikely, i cannot see any other impacts.

as always, your advice is welcome and appreciated.

Answers (0)