cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer 7.3 Model Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I’m using Visual Composer version 7.3 SP5 with SAP Portal 7.3 SP5. I’ve created a model and published it on my SAP Portal development environment without problems. It’s working fine.

Now, I’m trying to transport this model to my quality environment and I’m facing some problems. We are using CTS+ to manage our transport packages and I’m not able to add my model into any transport package.

My model is being created into Web Dynpro Java Applications, out of Portal Content folder. That folder (Web Dynpro Java Applications) doesn’t appear in the list of possible objects to be included into my transport package.

Does anybody know a away to transport models created using Visual Composer?

Thanks in advance,

Nelson Bertolino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the Web Dynpro is standard Java Development done with NWDS this needs to be transported with NWDI (CMS or CM Services with CTS+).

VC can also be integrated into NWDI and so the objects created there should be able to be transported

Here are some related links that may also help you:

Documentation can be found on help.sap.com and then dependent on your release search for “CM Services” 7.02:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/84/1fabea09f048c69b48d8e08de38c95/frameset.htm

How To Guides can be found in SDN at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/c0ce1dd8-c020-2b10-d080-a1cd3e985af1  There the guide “How To Setup CM Services for SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0” contains also conceptual information for the fine granular transport on DC level.

If you still need some assistant with that or with any issue in Visual Composer you are welcome to open a ticket and you will get a quick response and efficient assistance.

Thanks and Reagrds,

Hezi.

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have open a ticket :

I'm using Visual Composer 7.3 EHP1 SPS 4, the web release (not via NWDS).

I have created models, deployed them and I'm using them in SAP Enterprise Portal for development (added to iView).

I want now to transport them to to SAP Enterprise Portal for testing.

I did create a transport package but cannot find how to add my models.

Rgds

Gilles

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

A SAP note now describes how to proceed.

1885126 - Transport of Visual Composer Application in 7.3x
onwards without NWDI

Rgds

Gilles

ramanender_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

I am also facing a similar issue.

Were you able to transport VC models? If so, please share how you did it.

Thanks

Ramanender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried importing the model into the VC perspective within Developer Studio?

This will allow you to export the entire an SC (which will only contain your model) in .sca format and CTS+ will accept this.

Tom