Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend errors not displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need help in the below issue.

My backend errors from ECC system are not displayed in SRM portal whenever the Purchase order is created.

For eg.

The backend error "Back end error:G/L account cannot be used" is not displayed during the creation of PO in srm.

Due to this,the PO is created successfully in SRM but not getting transferred toECC .

Please let me know whether any configuration needs to be done in SRM side for displaying the backend errors or any code changes are needed.

Thanks,

Rohini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

As per the standard, the backend errors are not displayed while creating a cart. But you can always add your custom error messages in doc check badi. You can create an RFC function module which will hit the backend and find out if the particular G/L can be used or not. And based on the result you can throw an error message.

Thanks

Smita Sahay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is an example of what we did in our system for this same issue.

· Modified method IF_EX_BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI~BBP_ITEM_CHECK in class ZCL_IM__SRM_SEI_ITEM_CHECK to call method ZCL_SRM_GL_VALIDATION=>CHECK_ACCT_ASST_GL_FROM_ACC and catch the message if error is raised.
· Created static method CHECK_ACCT_ASST_GL_FROM_ECC in class ZCL_SRM_GL_VALIDATION with input parameters: IS_HEADER type BBP_PDS_SC_HEADER_D, IT_ITEM type BBPT_PD_SC_ITEM_D, IT_ACCOUNT type BBPT_PDS_ACC, IT_TAX type BBPT_PD_TAX and output parameter ES_RETURN type BAPIRET2. This method calls RFC Z_SRM_GL_ACCT_VALIDATION from R3 system and raises an error if error is caught.
· In R3 system, created a FM Z_SRM_GL_ACCT_VALIDATION.
Basically this is a wrap-up program of standard FM ME_ACCOUNTING_CHECK with RFC enable.
This FM has input parameters : POSTING_DATE type DATUM, PLANT type EWERK, CO_CODE type BUKRS, CURRENCY type WAERS, QUANTITY type MENGE, UNIT type MEINS, DOC_TYPE type BBSRT, VAL_TYPE type BWTAR_D, TAX_CODE type BBP_BAPI_MWSKZ, TAXJURCODE type BBP_BAPI_TXJCD, ACC_CAT type KNTTP, CATEGORY_ID type BBP_ER_CATEGORY_ID, ACCOUNT_ASSIGNMENT type BBPS_ER_ACC_C and output parameter RETURN type BAPIRET2. 
This RFC will call FM ME_ACCOUNTING_CHECK to do account assignment and GL validation check. Any error caught will be used to populate output parameter RETURN.
FM ME_ACCOUNTING_CHECK has an input parameters IM_OLD_EXKN, IM_ITEM, CH_EXKN and is populated by the RFC’s input parameters as per below mapping.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohini,

have you solved the issue?

We have very similar problem - when creating the SC this FI error from backend is not shown in the portal and we are able to order and approve the SC. But the PO is not created as the SC contains faulty items.

Other FI error messages "GL needs to be assigned to the CO object" etc. are shown properly.

We are in classic scenarios, SRM 7.0

former_member183790
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rohini , Maria,

Accounting related validations always triggered from the backend system (ECC). the reason why the PO is not created in the backend system is because, in the GL account master data (FS00) the cost object (Internal order, cost center or WBS element) might be suppressed in the field selection group. SRM doesn't fetch this information from backend ECC system. Please select the radio button to optional for the cost object in the GL account master data.  Check the same and let me know if you need any more information required.

Thanks

Santhosh Kumar

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohini,

if you have at least a SRM 7 release, use customizing:

SAP Implementation Guide > SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Activate Extended Classic Scenario.

Here, set fields "Enable Consitency Checks in Back-End" and "Display Back-End Messages as Errors".

For lower releases, read this article:

How to Foreground Backend PO Replication Errors and Eliminate ‘Error In Process’ POS In Extended Cla...

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Please use the transaction RZ20 to get the detail error message and get contact with FI consultant from R/3 system to check the GL account master data.Whether this GL account is blocked for direct posting or not.

In back end if they this setting (not possible for direct posting) has been done then you can post to this account.

Hope it can help.

Regards,

naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

I can give some more information related to this problem.

Please also check what you have selected in below configuration path in SRM system.

SPRO > SRM server > Techinical basic settings > Define system landscape

Here please select your logical system and what you have selected in field "FI valid".

Usually it should be " rela time back end validation of FI data".

Regards,

naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Are you referring the error which is set up as part of your substitution rules (I..e GGB0)? If that is the case the SRM does not integrate those rule out of box. You have to set up DOC_CHECK_BADI in SRM to validate those rules from SAP.

SRM only provides standard FI messages such as Cost center blocked for posting or WBS Element is in status TECO etc.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for the reply.This is a standard backend message(Message class-ME msg no-045).The thing is I am getting the messages in the message table but not displayed in the screen.

Thanks,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

These error messages comes up when the system tries to transfer data from SRM to ECC. At this point of time I believe the call goes to the BAPI / RFC's/Web Services whichever technology is used.So you get the error codes in RZ20 or a dump if so and nothing is returned back to the portal. I believe this is the way it works.

There is a admin role that can be set up that is used to monitor the to-fro of documents from SRM to ECC. There is one available for SC's am not sure of PO.

You can also customize such that whenever there is an error that comes up in RZ20 you can be notified via email.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

As Naveen mentioned ME045 gets call whenever SRM tries to post the PO in ECC system. As SRM system is not the FI system it does not post anything when created SC or PO.

Thus,If you want to stop requester creating this SC so that it does not get fail later part of the process it would be advisable to use DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Thank you

Ritesh