cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH SUBPROCESS ASSIGMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I uploaded organization master data with MDUG and then i assigned subprocess to several organizational unit by using "assign subprocess" button of subprocess tab.

Now if i try to assign new subprocess i can't do it because "assign subprocess" button is off.

Anyone can help me?

Below the Screenshot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect this might be related to your timeframe settings.  When you loaded your master data with MDUG, I assume made the "valid from" date effective the first of the year (fiscal or calendar).  That is essential.  Now when you are assigning subprocesses, you need to ensure that your timeframe is set to the year (use the advanced settings).  The screenshot shows a timeframe of 10-07-2012.  It should show a timeframe of year 2012. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Paul,

I followed your suggest but i have the same problem:

I'm making some test and the example in the picture above belongs to master data that i upload today (Valid from : 23/10/2012 Valid to: 24/10/2012).

When i made the same test one month ago i followed the same steps i'm following today but now the assigment button is off.

Furthermore if i try to add manually one organization (online, not with MDUG) when i create the organization the tab subropcess shows the "assign subprocess" button active (as shown in the picture below).

What can i do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be role related.  Have you assigned an org owner to the organization in the first screenshot?  You should assign yourself to that role if you wish to assign subprocesses.  Are you using second-level authorizations?  Have you assigned the basic roles to yourself: business user and base? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul,

I'll check my profile and my authorizations, however it's very strange because i was able to make subprocess assignment until about one month ago and today I have the same profile than a month ago.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another possibility for the source of the problem are your "valid from" and "valid to" dates.  Make sure the "valid from" date for the organization, the regulation, the subprocess, and any other associated master data object is the start of the year, e.g. 01-01-2012 for a calendar year.  These need to be in sync. 

Answers (0)