Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Reversal Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is my scenario:

We have a customer returns process with return order -> return delivery -> credit for returns with order related billing.

In one of the scenarios the return order was created by the user for a wrong customer and processed all through the end.

Question now comes about reversing the whole process:

Please advice on what should be the right approach for reversing this?

I am able to cancel the credit note, reverse the PGR and delete the return delivery. However tis leaves the return order again open for processing and its not possible to reject these items also. Obviously this approach is not feasible.

Please advice if there is other alternative to this.

Thanks and regards,

Sahadj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for you all your valuable inputs, really helpful.

Now I am clear on what approach to follow, i.e. to cancel credit note, reverse PGR and delete the return delivery subsequently reject the return order.

Turns out it was an odd user-exit which was preventing me from rejecting the order lines, but it's all sorted now.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sahadj,

Turns out it was an odd user-exit which was preventing me from rejecting the order lines,

Could you please give more detail pertaining to the userexit?

- What is the userexit?

- What is the program, where the userexit is?

- Please paste the code written in the userexit OR please explain the business logic behind the code written.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and its not possible to reject these items also

Not sure why you are not able to reject the item. If you are not able to reject, then just delete the sales order.

In one of the scenarios the return order was created by the user for a wrong customer and processed all through the end.

In order to prevent this happening, try to create the return sales order with reference to either invoice or original sales order. Make sure you have maintained appropriate copy control settings in the back end of the system (t.code VTFA/VTAA).

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

In order to prevent this happening, try to create the return sales order with reference to either invoice or original sales order.

I feel your above suggestion has merit.

But when an organization has completed the "entire" Return process for a different (incorrect) customer, do you think by creating return order with reference would help them not to commit such errors?

I think it is more of a question of employee training and hiring employees with relevant experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you are aware that reversal of any document is not a standard practice but we have to cancel because lack of training to end user. 

This is the only approach which you have folloed i.e. cancel invoice through VF11 then cancel PGR through Vl09 then delete outbound delivery through VL02N. Now reject return order by assigning appropriate  Reason for rejection by tcode VA02 or MASS .

Regards

Ajaya Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajaya, thanks for the inputs.

The return order cannot be rejected because the return credit notes (RE) are also present which cannot be removed.

In this case I am thinking of a different approach:

- create a debit note with reference to the RE.

- make adjustment posting of the block stock (maybe using 566)

..this should balance out the FI and MM postings...

any suggestions??

Thanks!!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever suggested by you is correct to make adjustments. Please do like that and update here .

Side Comment : Please sit with your FI and MM Guys to make this adjustment.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case I am thinking of a different approach:

- create a debit note with reference to the RE.

- make adjustment posting of the block stock (maybe using 566)

..this should balance out the FI and MM postings...

Sahadj,

I agree with Ajaya's suggestion of cancelling the RE credit memo, cancelling PGR, deleting delivery, deleting sales order.

I disagree with the above suggested by you, for an incorrect RE credit memo your company wants to take back money from the customer.

In SAP system, there would be a return order, delivery and credit memo which actually is incorrect.

Also blocking stock is incorrect, there is no stock (in your plant / warehouse) so why would you block it?