cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Field in Material Master - Basic Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Client wants me to Add a New Field in the Basic data View of Material Master so that he would give the Vendor Information while creating the Material Master.

He also want a Table/Report which could fetch him all the data.

Any Suggestion how we can use some standard SAP and solve this without creating a new field in Material Master data.

Thanks,

Sai Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dig deeper into the requirement to find out if he is trying to replicate his old legacy scenario into SAP system. This might be a good situation to improve the process by challenging and understanding the requirement if still needed or can be handle via other SAP standard means (maybe it can be address by not handling that text in material master). The reason why i raised this is because the partial solution is already mentioned "My Client wants me to Add a New Field in the Basic data View of Material Master so that he would give the Vendor Information while creating the Material Master.

He also want a Table/Report which could fetch him all the data."

Technically answering your question, it can be addressed by:

1. mmr - po text tab if you want to retain some texts specific for vendor (if vendor is unique)

2. purchasing info record text (PIR) if vendor specific (if scenario requires unique material text for each vendor)

3. reporting requirements to extract this text may require ABAP report customization

Still i believe the requirement may be superficial as we havent understood it fully. If you can get the details the better. The client was already convincing you to add a field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material master Basic data view is maintained at Client level. we can maintained Material master in varies different orginartion level like plant, sales org and storage location level..

I think maintaining vendor details at client level in material master is not advisable since company might purchase material from different vendor in different time..

SAP provide option to maintain material vendor details via Info Recrd. here you can maintain vendor details for a material. also we can use source list to maintain set of  sources for a material..

You can use table like MARA, MARC, MARD to get material master details at varies orgination level..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why they want only in basic data view vendor details,

In purchase view Manufacturer in that give vendor no.

Thanks &Regards,

Veeraprathap.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use any unused field in material master for your purpose or else go for development.

As same material can be procured from different vendors, better use info-record for your purpose where you can established relation between that one material with favorable vendor!

For development refer link:

http://pavelgk.pbworks.com/f/6729224-Implement-Screen-Exit-for-MM01-Adding-New-Fields-in-Screen.pdf

Also refer SAP Notes: 44410 and 38299.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai kumar,

You can use the field 'Industry Standard Description' in basic data2 view and you can fetch this information from MARA table.

We did the same thing in our project and it worked for us.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basic data in the material master is common client data for a material and the material can be used for internal or external procurement. Basic data text can be used for any text purpose. But if the material is going to be procured from other vendor resources then it is not appropriate.

Regards,

BK

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do u always buy one material from fixed vendor...

I m asking this bcoz in d the real scenario it hardly happens...

In std. Sap system, we are given VMR, PIR then PO etc. docs to maintain such notes..

Pls try to explain it to d end user..

If u try to maintain vendor info for one vendor n next time when u buy from other

, it may create some misunderstandings...

Regards

Priyanka.P