cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Task Creation when TU actions starts for a outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have requirement that when ever TU action ( Checkpoint Arrival + Save ) which is assigned for given outbound delivery triggers , Warehouse task for that particular delivery needs to trigger automatically through PPF. We can able to trigger WT automatically through PPF at the time of OD creation but we need to make this happen when TU comes inside the premises i.e TU action starts.

How can we achieve this ? . Please do needful help.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PatrickMueller
Employee
Employee

Hello Srikanth,

the requirement seems legit for outbound processes with enough time for picking and staging between the arrival of the TU and the latest date for loading.

There is no function in the EWM standard PPF action profiles. Therefore, you should define your own PPF action for this task (but it is possible to copy a standard action into customer namespace and adjust the logic).

Putting such an action into the PPF profile for outbound deliveries is only helpful if you have a 1:1 relation between outbound delivery and TU. This is rarely the case (mostly in bulk shipments or single unit loads - no only in few industries).

Furthermore, the TU is the object on which the check-in is performed - not the outbound delivery.

In order to fulfill your requirement, you can do the following:

Option 1)

- you can use the BAdI /SCWM/EX_SR_ACTION_TU to implement a custom logic for the check-in of a TU

- in that method, check that the action that is performed is the check-in (import parameter 3 contains the activity that is performed for the TU)

- here you can trigger the WT creation for the assigned deliveries of your TU

Optioin 2)

- add a custom PPF action to the profile for TUs i.e. /SCWM/TU (application: /SCWM/SHP_RCV)

- the schedule condition checks if the TU is currently checked-in

- the action definition contains the call to WT creation for the deliveries asigned to TU

However, this is a bit tricky. I don't know for sure if PPF actions for a status change also include the check-in/check-out. You have to check whether the PPF schedule condition for TU profile is called at check-in. Check the standard actions for TU-Delivery sync or TU printing. If there is nothing that indicates a check.in yet, you may have to call the PPF scheduling/action yourself from the BAdI that I mentioned in Option 1. But if you use option 1 anyway, you could skip using the PPF and schedule warehouse task creation in background on check-in of the TU.

Good luck and best regards!

Patrick

P.S.

Did you know that EWM recently got a dedicated SCN community? Here it is: http://scn.sap.com/community/extended-warehouse-management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your info.

We have already created customized PPF in S&R Activity  at TU check in  as status change . Now we are able to create WT at TU check in.

Thanks,

Srikanth.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am referring to the solution that is provided above option 2.

However, I am getting an error during PPF processing : "PPF: No document data passed on (PPF action not performed)".

Trying to trigger a stock removal warehouse task when the TU status changed to "Docked at door".

Please advise if you came across this error and found a solution.

Regards,

Shashidhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I get your idea. Have you checked the Action Profile at the OD level so as the WT creation is inactive. I kind of like it that you want to apply the Goods Receipt/Unloading WT method of TU at checkpoint to the Outbound process. I would start from comparing the action profiles relevant for the Inbound process in comparison to those of the Outbound process. I think that the key is in this comparison given the fact that the system does this as standard for the Inbound process but not for the Outbound one.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim