cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My MM consultant has an GAPP in tendering process(they want to track five activity of tender,when the activity got completed ad what r the activitys are pending).i feel we can remove the GAPP by doing this in PS with out doing developments in MM module.Pls suggest on this.....whether we can do r not.....

Tender activitys

1.publication of bid

2.sale of bid

3.bid opening

4.evalution of bid

5.LOI.

i think we can creat an project with five activity then doing confirmation of each activity we can able to track the dates when the each activity got completed.whether we can create projects for this perpose?pls suggest.there wont be any settelment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad Dawood,

Fisrt of all, you are saying you want to capture the tender activities. What is the purpose of capturing tender activities. You want to capture the cost associated with each activity or in terms of time spent for each activity I hope. You can skip settlement if you are not going for Result Analysis and Settlement. But, in what way it serves your purpose. Because normally why we capture costs & revenues by creating WBS & Activities which can be useful for following purposes;

1. To track the Revenue at WBS Level ( If you are thinking capturing Tender Fee remitted by Bidding parties as Revenue, you can very well capture it)

2. To track the Cost at each WBS or activity level which scales upto the higher level WBS which can further lead to analyse Revenue & Cost for individual tender objects.

3. If you are thinking of capturing Resource Cost, you can have activities under WBS and resource can book their timesheet against each tender related activity and you can capture the actual resource cost once the hours are approved.

Hope this gives some clarity.

Regards,

MRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

By creating internal activity with out cost incured to those activity(with out assigning any work center etc..).Then there wont be any actual cost for those 5 activity. So i think no need of settement.Directly by conforming the activity and make the status as techo and close.

It is puerly for time spent for each activity not for cost assocated for activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, you can think of using Activity element option.

Activity elements allows you to map network activities in much details. Activity elements have almost same function as that of activity. All activity elements have a date referenced to the activity to which they are assigned.

Example when several departments work on the same activity, in such case activity elements can be used so that each department can plan independently.

Please refer more on link mentioned below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4c/22610c46e611d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank to all.....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general organizations wanted to keep track of bidding phase expenses also.

Its my guess, I am not sure whether you have understood correctly or not from your immediate supervisor that costs are not captured, its not the correct statement.

Why I am telling this point is, bidding stage costs are captured through Internal Order for cost capturing purposes and it would be settled to CTR appropriate. Note that business keep track of all these kinds of expenses very carefully for budgeting and estimation purposes for future estimates.

If Internal order is not the option, then add new WBS element with NWA which represent bidding phase activities of project. whoever working on those activities keep book their hours and valueted with Atype thus giving you actual costs booked on NWA as well travel expenses also (direct entry from FI side).

Once project is confirmed then all the costs whatever has been booked so far would be settled to other aggregate level WBS element using KB21N/KB11N (whatever it is from FI side) and then set the Close status and as well set user status KOST so that no more costs come on to those NWA.

Remaining structure would be executed as a live project.

The other option would be be create a new profile and title it as "Cost Projects" which are being used exclusively for bidding phase project activities and settle to Cost Center.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I think mapping of different tendering process is possible by attaching different internal activity to the WBS element.

But when you do confirmation of the activity cost will be posted which needs to be settled before we close the project. Hence I really doubt how it can work without settlement.

Regards

Tushar

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

let say if any kind of cost inccured in project object like wbs nw nwa then it must be settle to receiver object. when you confirm activity then cost defiantly inccured i assume.

Regards,

Sanjeev