cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a sort button in a grid display of a standard WD component

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Spoiler Alert: Im a novice in WDA, so please bear with me here. But yes, I've done my R&D and still need your help.

Requirement: I need to enhance a standard WDA component FITE_VC_CREDIT_CARD_ITEMS, by adding a SORT button on a column(Transaction Number) of the report (view CC_ITEMS_VIEW).

What I did:

Approach 1: I started by trying to create a SORT button for all columns by creating an event for OnSort (in the property of Grid) in the Enhancement Mode. But to my surprise, I see that I cannot create a new OnSort Event as the field is greyed-out.

Approach2: I tried to create a button on the table field Transaction Number, but again Im unable to create a button anywhere inside the Grid. The button is displayed before or after the Grid.

Im at a loss to understand why Im unable to add the sort button in the columns despite being in the Enhancement Mode. Am I missing the obvious here? Please suggest whats the right approach to take here.

pk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved by taking a Third Approach.

Approach3: Created a new column in the table after hiding/deleting the existing column and then added the onSORT option. Also added a custom button on the column header to indicate to the users that this column is sortable, since otherwise there was no button displayed.

pk

Answers (0)