cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Inquiry to Sales Quotation Price issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am creating Sales Inquiry which is not relevant for pricing and I have maintained material prices in Condition record (VK11) now when i copy Inquiry into Quotation system shows 1 quantity but price remains 0 now when i tried to enter 2 quantity in quotation system does nothing . Is there any possibility that i dont have to enter price in Inquiry but once i copied Inquiry into Quotation then i will see the net price which i have maintained for Material.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure whether you have maintained the standard item category for your quotation.  Also check in copy control VTAA for your item category, what is maintained for the field "Pricing type".  It should have been "B"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Lakhshmipathi,

Basically in Inquiry Level item is not relevant for Pricing we know the price of material after creating an inquiry. Now i have maintained VK11 PR00 material price is = 100 . Now when i create inquiry which is not relevant for pricing  and call it into Quotation system copies material but does not show the amount the Net amount remains 0 . Although i have maintained condition record as well. Is there any possibility that i create inquiry without price and once i create quotation with reference to inquiry system catch price which i have maintained in VK11. I am Using B in my pricing type

I copied this Inquiry in my Quotation

i HAVE MAINTAINED PRICE in condition record as well

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that

• in quotation the pricing date shows that of quotation creation date which falls within the validity dates of your pricing condition record
  • your item category ZAGN is assigned with "X" for Pricing in item category configuration

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Quotation Creation date and validity dates of pricing condition records are ok and ZAGN has X for pricing in item category

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SD,

Can you go to the Condition tab and click on Analysis and paste the screen over here.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extremely Sorry to reply you so late.

Now i have added both the pic condition records and analysis.

Once again sorry for the delay

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check your input once again.As per screen attached by you system is not found any condition record stored for it.

This should not happen.I think something is missing.Also I think you are aware about the enhancement is not been implemented in your system.

Thanks,

Suman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the screen attached, it seems that the Pricing Date is shown as "00.00.0000". Please maintain the "pricing date" and check.

With Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone

But SAPSD2490 why would i need to maintain separate pricing procedure specially for Inquiry. Bcoz its natural that at inquiry level there is no price but once we copy inquiry to quotation we should have price.  Is there any way around other than creating new pricing procedure for INQ.

Vinu kindly tell me where to maintain Pricing date as u have mentioned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"But SAPSD2490 why would i need to maintain separate pricing procedure specially for Inquiry. "

Point No-02 and Point No -03

2.Make a document Pricing Procedure say 2= Inquiry document pricing procedure
3.Do the OVKK assignment like Sale Org/DC/DV/Doc Pp(=2)/ Customer Pricing Procedure and leave Pricing      procedure blank.

I never said create a separate pricing Procedure just for Inquiry. I have mentioned do the OVKK assignment for your Inquiry leaving Pricing Procedure field blank.This way system will determine pricing procedure for the sales area but as we have not assigned the Pricing Procedure so it will let you create the Inquiry with Zero Value..
Screen Shot attached .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved . Closing Thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this out .Looking at your requirement it seems you  do not need Pricing at Inquiry level.

"Basically in Inquiry Level item is not relevant for Pricing we know the price of material after creating an inquiry."

1. For this you can have a Document type say ZIN for Inquiry.

2. Make a document Pricing Procedure say 2= Inquiry document pricing procedure

3.Do the OVKK assignment like Sale Org/DC/DV/Doc Pp(=2)/ Customer Pricing Procedure and leave Pricing      procedure blank.

4.Create a separate document type say ZQT for quotation.

5. Assign the OVKK assignment with actual pricing Procedure you need or need to follow.

6.Make sure the copy control has pricing type as "B" as suggested by Lakshmipathi Sir. for sale document to Sales document ( IN-QT)

7. Maintain the condition record for Quotation pricing procedure.

8.Now try to create an Inquiry .When you create inquiry system will determine the Sales area and you can select your material along with quantity you need for Inquiry.

9.System will not be able to find any pricing in Inquiry as no Pricing procedure maintained for Inquiry .So inquiry will be a zero Value document and SAP will allow you to save.

10.Create a quotation with reference to Inquiry.Data will be picked from Inquiry to QUOTATION with new pricing procedure as quotation has different pricing Procedure  and you have already maintained condition record for it.

I  have tested this if require the screen shot do let me know I  will post it .

Please  Text Removed

Regards.

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont add such text